Where have all the Fraggle Sites gone?

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Re: Fraggle sites

Originally posted by frogboy4
The Links page at Muppet Central can direct uou to some very cool Fraggle sites! http://www.muppetcentral.com/help/links/index.shtml

Here are some of them:
http://www.geocities.com/~fraggle-rock/
http://www.punchandjewelry.com/legacy/html/frindex.htm
http://www.fragglerocker.com/

There is also Karen Prell's site located at:
http://www.karenprell.com

I know there are more but this is a great start!
No offense, but these are the sites I'm talking about. This post isn't really about the lack of fraggle rock websites, well, I mean it is, but it's more about the lack of "Updates" on Fraggle Websites. I've had these links for ages, and they haven't been updated in over a year, which makes me very sad. Thus this is what this thread is about.
-Wemblin' Kate

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
If anyone finds (or has) any screen grabs from episodes,
please contact me!!

Allahandria

Reaction score
I've been thinking about reopening a fraggle rock site.

I used to run one. I still have all my mp3's (151 of them) and many of my image captures. I also had gone around to sites that are now taken down and saved a lot of image captures already made, but I don't know where they got saved....

You see... about two years ago this crazy little idiot started harassing me about my site, claiming I had stolen content that I had asked webmasters to use. He got them confused enough that they got angry at me too. I was sick of being harassed, got sent two email viruses, and even had this guy go around and bid ebay auctions out from underneath me.

This was so ludicrous that i just shut it down. It wasn't even open that long. It took up over a gig of my harddrive. I obviously cannot rehost the entire thing, but I can make parts of it available to hte public.

I think its silly that there was so much animosity then over a site about a show designed to create WORLD PEACE. Anybody else see the irony here? Anyway, I still have a lot of stuff i'm willing to share if you contact me privately, website or no.

~Jill

Allahandria

Reaction score
Re: Hey,

Originally posted by *Warrick*
Was it Josh ?

See ya
How'd you guess? I also caught his IP downloading *all* my files. Maybe he still has them... that would be nice. My site is backed up on zip somewhere, but finding W2000 drivers for a USB zip that *work* are not always easy.

That was during a time when people seemed to be competing to have the best site. It was really really dumb. *grin*

~Jill

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

Dunno, Just an inckling - LOL

Everyone else around here could have guessed too...

See ya

Allahandria

Reaction score
Originally posted by WemblinKate
Oh yes! I loved that site! It was so cool and it seriously did have almost every episode with tons of screen caps from each. I actually took a lot of the pictures but never got the name of the person who owned it. I haven't used them or anything, I would never use them without asking the person, but I do look at them quite often because they're so cool. If anyone knows who owned that site let me know, I need to e-mail them. Thanks.

-Wemblin' Kate
Even while the site existed it was impossible to get the owner to give you permission to use his graphics. I emailed him several times and he never, ever replied. Not even to say no! The only time I heard from him was when I made screen captures of my own and he freaked out and thought I stole them (even though they were from episodes that he hadn't made)

~Jill

Allahandria

Reaction score
I found my site!

I dug through my backups today, just for you guys.

First of all, the site that had all the image captures was Bliss2285's, an aol guy. The only thing there now is something about some animated gods.

I have his files though, and many more of my own, 170 some mp3s, and files from "Vanessa's Collection" (also sadly defunct, or so it appears).

A few years ago I was really big on saving everything (you know back when I hadn't nearly filled a 40GB hard drive!) I thought that archiving was important since who knew how long any of these sites would be around?

I have over a gigabyte of fraggle crap on my harddrive, plus all the html files to go along with it. Half of one of my cd's was corrupted, there is nothing I can do to restore the files (I tried!) But other than that I sitll have all my stuff. The design makes me cringe... but I wish I had somewhere to host it....

~Jill

WemblinKate

Reaction score
Re: I found my site!

Originally posted by Allahandria
I dug through my backups today, just for you guys.

First of all, the site that had all the image captures was Bliss2285's, an aol guy. The only thing there now is something about some animated gods.

I have his files though, and many more of my own, 170 some mp3s, and files from "Vanessa's Collection" (also sadly defunct, or so it appears).

A few years ago I was really big on saving everything (you know back when I hadn't nearly filled a 40GB hard drive!) I thought that archiving was important since who knew how long any of these sites would be around?

I have over a gigabyte of fraggle crap on my harddrive, plus all the html files to go along with it. Half of one of my cd's was corrupted, there is nothing I can do to restore the files (I tried!) But other than that I sitll have all my stuff. The design makes me cringe... but I wish I had somewhere to host it....

~Jill
Oh, that's so cool! Ah, we love you Jill. Someday, someday you will find a host, you've just got to. For all things Fragglish! Sorry, getting a little out of hand, it's just there's so much potential for great Fraggle Websites, so much could happen, with the right connections and everything. But what that guy did to you was just inexcusable, and down right mean. I hope you can put a Fraggle Site up again, I probably can remember your site, if I think back long enough, cuz so many have come and gone in such a short period of time. Anyways, best of luck to you and keep us informed.

-Wemblin' Kate