Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I was thinking that too, because that's what causes threads to close. People are entitled to their opinions, but we don't want things to lead to harsh arguments.

Drtooth

Reaction score
While my sister was in line for the Muppets presentation (I caught up with her later) she spoke with a person who heard from his friend (a puppeteer at Playhouse Disney Live, and one of the puppeteers for the Riverboat Muppet appearance) that Steve and Disney were in contract negotiations, apparently, Steve was requesting more money, and Disney is apparently not having that. Now, this individual admitted that the story could wrong.
And
tomahawk said:
I have some info about Mr. Steve Whitmire and him performing Kermit The Frog. It's not much and it's very much through the grapevine, but here goes....

As today is my birthday I get a personal message from a friend on Facebook, here's how it reads...

"Here's a Happy Birthday for you...My friend is working on the Muppets...I asked him about Steve. He said,
"Steve is still Kermit. We had him here yesterday."

Take that as you will, but it's something. I'm trying to get more info as we speak. Or type.
Now this is an interesting, if confusing and contradictory development.

Now, I actually could see contract negotiations being the hold up... this IS showbiz after all. Kinda disheartening that Disney wouldn't give what Steve asked for... and they clearly had to (or would have to) haggle to get him back if that were the case.

Now, not saying Tomahawk's message was incorrect... he clearly has a source, and I don't think he should reveal it, since that person could get fired if he is known to reveal any information...

tomahawk

Reaction score
And

Now this is an interesting, if confusing and contradictory development.

Now, I actually could see contract negotiations being the hold up... this IS showbiz after all. Kinda disheartening that Disney wouldn't give what Steve asked for... and they clearly had to (or would have to) haggle to get him back if that were the case.

Now, not saying Tomahawk's message was incorrect... he clearly has a source, and I don't think he should reveal it, since that person could get fired if he is known to reveal any information...
The last thing I heard yesterday was that my friend asked two questions to her friend that was working with The Muppets. Let me first say that he has worked with The Muppets before.

The questions were, What are you working on? And then she asked about Steve. He did not say what the project was, but he did say what I posted about Steve. Like I said, I know this isn't the best way to give info, but there you go.

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The last thing I heard yesterday was that my friend asked two questions to her friend that was working with The Muppets. Let me first say that he has worked with The Muppets before.

The questions were, What are you working on? And then she asked about Steve. He did not say what the project was, but he did say what I posted about Steve. Like I said, I know this isn't the best way to give info, but there you go.
At least you actually acknowledged where your source came from. That means a lot and goes a long way. I for one believe your posts and trust what you've said. Thank you for sharing it with us! You've certainly cleared some doubt from my mind!

And, hey, if this is true... THEY'RE WORKING ON SOMETHING! :excited:

Luke

Reaction score
Well hopefully all the letters and calls helped Disney to see how much the fans appreciate Steve, i bet they weren't expecting all this.

Seeing as the movie is set to be released in 2010 i would imagine they are very late in pre-production for it or still doing stuff for the Disney Parks promotion. It sounded like they had already shot most of the other stuff that was mentioned at D23.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Several things:

I am deliciously pleased to see the new rumours that Steve is apparently back and moving amongst the world of feathers and foam once more!

I am completely proud of everyone who phoned, wrote letters, set up webpages, changed facebook statuses and twitter notifications, wrote articles, pontificated and otherwise campaigned to get only the best of the best in quality and performance from Disney.

And I'm proud of Steve for taking a stand (if he did, we still don't know for sure what happened) and I'm ridiculously happy to hear he's back with us again.

tomahawk

Reaction score
First, I want to say that I never really asked around. I posted some things on my Facebook page including the link to the Where's Steve? petition and my own feeling about the situation, which were a little more colorful then I was allowed to put on here. The info was kinda dropped in my lap as a birthday gift from my friend. Hopefully this is true. I love Steve as Kermit.

Thanks for all of the great replys.

Jim

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Wow. There is NO WAY for a member of moderation to clean up the negativity dispersed in the debates of this thread. People are slinging mud at each other, reported posts are flying into e-mail inboxes, second-hand "information" is being posted and a dozen posts about this has been quoted (plus it violates discussing Muppeteers' private lives), and I've tried to read this thread. All the conversations go in circles, the arguments are the same--everything just repeats itself. Folks have opinions, others post like folks shouldn't be allowed to have opinions if it isn't their own.

So, with the mess that this thread has become--taking the fun out of what the forum is for--what does a moderator do?

Really, with everything that we could do or would need to do we'll end up with 20 new threads about why we did what we've done and what happened to such-and-such post.

This thread is a clear example of why we try to moderate these forums so hard, and why it's such hard work to do.

I don't know who among you all would want the job of moderator when all the time you get to spend online at the forum is cleaning it up, being the diplomatic mediator between members, or constant contacts about how someone is infracting the rules. I can tell you it's easier to complain about the job(s) moderators do here than it is to actually moderate the forums.

Gang, go back and re-read this thead and watch it fall apart. I'd like to clean up areas of it, do things to make it a happy thread with a decent and fair discussion and debate; but there is no way to do it.

I'm going to leave the thread rolling right along and let everyone just keep running into each other and being rude to one another, calling each other out and being just unfriendly to one another. This thread is in the hands of another moderator to handle.

I'm disappointed to see that folks cannot be better friends and have rational debates and discussions without slamming one another against the fence.

I'd love to see everyone try to be more diplomatic in their replies to one another, to stop calling each other "out," and to stop discussing the Muppeteers' private lives. Please.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Posts like this can cause someone to lose their gig. By order of elimination they can figure out who the source is and that could be problematic. I realize that we cannot post information without divulging where it came from or folks won't believe it or trust it; but, this can cause a real problem for someone.

tomahawk

Reaction score
Posts like this can cause someone to lose their gig. By order of elimination they can figure out who the source is and that could be problematic. I realize that we cannot post information without divulging where it came from or folks won't believe it or trust it; but, this can cause a real problem for someone.
First, I respectfully asked my friend if I could let the good people here on Muppet Central know about what she told me. She said sure, as long as I left names out of it. Which I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.