Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
This thread looks like it needs something.

Hey yall cheer up!
Have a little bit of hope!
Steve is still our guy! (I hope)
Most inportaintly the Muppets are going to shine once again!
Look up not down!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
I personly wish Steve the best of luck with whatever he's doing now, and hope he's doing fine. Thats all I've got to say about that.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
Are we still closer to having any idea of what happened to Steve?

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I know what someone means about Werner Bors. In June Foray's book, she talks about how during Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, they called her as ask her if she would like to audition for the role of granny and she ask then what they mean and they said they were taking auditions for the roll of granny and wanted her to audition for the part. She asked then what they were they were taking about and told the, m that she was Granny and they told her that they were looking for a Bea Benaderet type Granny who maybe did like one cartoon with her at the most. And June Foray told them that she was not auditioning and that they can go to H*ll, lol!

Eventually somebody she knew at the studios convinced her to give her the gig.

Anyway, this reminds me and is similar of a Tactic NBC once used on Gary Coleman. He wasn’t coming to work and costing the studio a lot of money by not doing so (I’m not sure if it was a dispute over money or not, but he might not have been up to work because his illness had gotten the best of him). So entertainment Exec Warren Littlefield called him in for a meeting, and when Gary came into his office and sat down he turned around in his chair and saw a huger than life portrait of Emmanuel Lewis. Long story short he got the message and when back to work immediately.

That could very well be the reason for the replacement Kermit. It could be a ploy to speed negotiations up. Who knows? Just speculation…

Convincing John

Reaction score
Are we still closer to having any idea of what happened to Steve?
Until we hear something official, nope.

We can speculate all we want, but we won't know anything for certain until Disney or someone who works with or knows Steve well says for sure why he didn't perform on AGT.

Kevin is right, there is a lot of negativity circulating this issue. To counteract it, at least a little, I'd just like to say that I hope Steve is OK and to remain positive about future projects he's working on. (perhaps he's been looking over the new Fraggle Rock film script?):coy:

In a way, this whole "where is Steve?" issue reminds me of the Fraggle Rock episode "Catch a Tail By The Tiger". There was all that worry about what happened to Uncle Matt (especially from Boober). After all that worrying, after the big goodbye party, after Gobo decided (despite what the Trash Heap told him) to venture out on his expedition to the great unknown, what happened in the end? Yeah.

"Why look for trouble?" asked the Trash Heap.

Unfortunately, there's been some of that in this thread. There's a lot of worrying here too. We have no answers and I'm sure some of us are feeling like Telly Monster after a caffeine binge and a Twilight Zone marathon.

Why are we worrying? Because we care about both Steve and Kermit. We care about Steve's well-being and health (just like we do for Jerry in the 'How is Jerry Nelson Doing?' thread). We also care about the character of Kermit. Kermit is very special to us here at MC and over at Tough Pigs as well.

We worry, we argue, we debate. Theories clash, opinions clash and soon, without the truth we need to settle the score, negativity erupts between fans.

Boober: "I had a dream where this big crack opened in the earth and there was this great big pit full of germs."

Wembley: "Do you think that's what happened to Steve on his way to perform at AGT?"

Boober nods woefully.

Gobo: (irritably) "BOOBER!"

At this point, we just have to wait and see what's going on over at Disney. In the meantime, the postcard idea sounds wonderful. Steve should know he has our support (and admiration as fans). He's a brilliant performer and I hope he has the same attitude about Muppeteering that Caroll Spinney does ("I'm gonna keep doing it till I can't hold that bird's head up anymore.")

I know that Jerry Nelson sometimes visits MC. Wouldn't it be ironic if he posted here and said "I got a message from Steve. He had the flu, you see and missed his plane..."

Convincing John

Muppet Loverr

Reaction score
HEY all. this may be stupid to ask but does steve do Ernie on Play with me Seasame. Because Ernie sounds different.

ohtherain

Reaction score
Steve did Ernie seasons 1 and 3 but it was John Tartaglia during season 2.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I know what someone means about Werner Bors. In June Foray's book, she talks about how during Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries, they called her as ask her if she would like to audition for the role of granny and she ask then what they mean and they said they were taking auditions for the roll of granny and wanted her to audition for the part. She asked then what they were they were taking about and told the, m that she was Granny and they told her that they were looking for a Bea Benaderet type Granny who maybe did like one cartoon with her at the most. And June Foray told them that she was not auditioning and that they can go to H*ll, lol!
Well, that's a bit irrelevant here, but that's a good point. June has been great as Granny for many years and I couldn't imagine anybody else taking over the role, though I think she turned 92 this month, so I guess at some point some one will take over. But I guess that's more of a discussion for the Toon Zone forums.

We can speculate all we want, but we won't know anything for certain until Disney or someone who works with or knows Steve well says for sure why he didn't perform on AGT.
Or the MTV thing for that matter.

HEY all. this may be stupid to ask but does steve do Ernie on Play with me Seasame. Because Ernie sounds different.
Actually, John Tartiagala voiced Ernie on the second season of PWMS. That was sort of discussed before on that forum. They still say Steve is officially performin Ernie even after that, so hopefully this is the same case with Kermit.

Drtooth

Reaction score
(perhaps he's been looking over the new Fraggle Rock film script?)
That's what i was thinking at first. I was also thinking he laid down some voice work for the scratch track... so far the movie is so close to production that you'd think they'd finish the film BEFORE it got officially greenlit. It's annoying all this back and forth and looking for partnerships is holding this film up.

Luke

Reaction score
That's what i was thinking at first. I was also thinking he laid down some voice work for the scratch track... so far the movie is so close to production that you'd think they'd finish the film BEFORE it got officially greenlit. It's annoying all this back and forth and looking for partnerships is holding this film up.
I'd love to see Fraggle Rock on the "big screen", i just doubt we ever will. They well and truly missed the boat, and its too big a movie to just do direct to dvd. It doesn't surprise me they are having trouble finding backing for it. Big shame because the performers are brilliant and eager to do it, and the whole concept would be excellent for a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.