Where it all Began Special Edition Specs

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
The technical specs for the upcoming Fraggle Rock Where it all Began Special Edition DVD have been released. I've listed them below. Note there is no Pingu listed anywhere, it is all 100% Fraggles

:excited:

Episodes:
Beginnings
Wembley and the Gorgs
Let the Water Run

Special Features:
Fraggle Songs: A Musical History of Fraggle Rock
Fraggle Rock: The Animated Series episode: The Great Fraggle Freeze

Technical:
Interactive Menus
Closed Captioning
Release Date: October 19, 2004
Run time: 170 minutes
Standard Retail Price: $14.99

WiGgY

Reaction score
It comes with an episode of the animated series? A whole episode? Cool!

P

Philo and Gunge

WOW! This just made my day. Now I have buy this. Good thing I have the other DVD and I can still watch Pingu. I just hope the first 2 aren't merged again.

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
It was actually a whole lot better to go into credits and then play the next episode, but I was quite pleased with the way they merged it.

BJ

Luke

Reaction score
On behalf of all the Pingu fans i am both shocked and stunned ! LOL!

I dunno - i am a little underwhelmed at that. It probably needed the behind the scenes documentary to make everyone who got the first disc buy the special edition. The history of the songs is good but if they are just going to bump cheaper DVD's into more expensive ones by including an episode from the cartoon i won't be getting them. I didn't think the cartoon was that great. I'd rather they just put out more in the format of the test release at the cheaper price.

King Prawn

Reaction score
Does anyone know how many episodes there were in the Fraggle Rock Animated series :confused:

And if we think about it, this re-realease of "Where It All Began" has been labeled Special Edition and has been geared towards collectors after many requested collectors edition DVD season sets to HIT!. So might they be testing the collectors market for Fraggle Rock DVD's or better yet Season Sets :confused:

:excited:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, pardon my ignorance. But what's "Pingu"?
And will the Special Edition DVD's still come with the questionaire like the original test run? If not, then where online can I find and fill out this questionaire?
Thanks, and hope to hear from you guys soon.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
The Count said:
Uh, pardon my ignorance. But what's "Pingu"?
Pingu is a clay animated penguin. Hit put a episode on the first Fraggle release.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Too bad it's not including "Down at Fraggle Rock" documentary.

Luke

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
So might they be testing the collectors market for Fraggle Rock DVD's or better yet Season Sets :confused:
I think the Walmart release was to test the market. I'm guessing this is first in a line of Fraggle releases each containing 3 live eps (released in order) and a few special features (probably more animated eps). I very much doubt we will ever see season sets from HIT!