Where's Clifford?

Drtooth

Reaction score
My question is: What's Clifford doing in The Classic Muppets section? XD No offense to Clifford or any of his Muppets Tonight counterparts, but that show is so sadly forgotten by many of the fanbase--even on here--that it's hard to recall that it aired 10 or so years ago. ^_^
Classic Muppets applies to any of the Muppet TMS project characters. And that includes Muppets Tonight, The Jim Henson Hour, and even Kermit's Swamp years and Oz. As opposed to say the Sesame Street section of the forum, which has a separate section for current SS and classic SS. Personally, I think the name could be confusing in that aspect.

That said, Clifford is missing due mainly to Kevin's obligations with Sesame Street. He does a lot more than just perform Elmo. And with those different jobs he performs, you can see why Cliff isn't around much anymore...

Though, I say I'd also like to see ol' Leon make a comeback as well.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yeah he was great in "Secrets of the Muppets!"

Kevin Clash: For the first time I've gotten Leon's tail in the shot!

Leon: Yeah! Now let's get our tails outta here!

wwfpooh

Reaction score
He does a lot more than just perform Elmo. And with those different jobs he performs, you can see why Cliff isn't around much anymore...
Not only does he do Sesame Street, but he also does Panwapa Island too.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
That said, Clifford is missing due mainly to Kevin's obligations with Sesame Street. He does a lot more than just perform Elmo. And with those different jobs he performs, you can see why Cliff isn't around much anymore...

Still, I want see see Kevin pry away from Sesame Street and do some stuff with Clifford.

As for Leon, he and others like Digit more than likely won't ever be seen again.

AAO

Reaction score
Kevin is usually off recruting puppeteers as well as structuring other international shows such as Sesam Street in Japan, Brazil, etc.. He's the puppet coordinator now and has taken on much bigger responsibilities behind the camera...

wwfpooh

Reaction score
Kevin is usually off recruting puppeteers as well as structuring other international shows such as Sesam Street in Japan, Brazil, etc.. He's the puppet coordinator now and has taken on much bigger responsibilities behind the camera...
Which could also be why even Elmo's not been the central focus as had been in the past (1998-whenever Kevin took the position).

rexcrk

Reaction score
Hmmm, was Clifford's last appearance in Muppets' Wizard of Oz or am I forgetting something else?

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
I'm probably the ONLY one who remembers MT on here, and that's no lie.

I loved that show almost as much as Muppet Babies, Muppet Show, etc.

BJ

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
I always liked Clifford. I don't think he's half as great of a host as Kermit is, but I like him. I think there's a lot of potential to partner him with the Electric Mayhem... Not so much as a musical role, but like a confidant of sorts. I could see him and Floyd getting along pretty well.

And yeah, it really hasn't been that long since we've seen him. Though I do hope it's not the last we've seen of him.