1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Which are muppets?

Discussion in 'Family Worlds' started by Maestro, Mar 25, 2008.

1. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

At the end of the opening segment, it even said Jim Henson's Muppets on FR
  2. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Even so, I still consider the Fraggles to be separate entities. The worlds of *what I consider to be* the Muppets and the Fraggles are very different, and the two shows served different purposes. This is how I see it. It's not that I'm trying to distance them from Jim Henson, I just see them as a different facet of Henson's genius.
  3. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

And during promos, it has often been said, "It's Jim Henson's Fraggle Rock", showing you that the Fraggles are as much a part of Jim as the The Muppets (those of TMS & MB) are.
  4. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

Sorry Maestro I disagree strongly
  5. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

Same here. Though The Muppets and Fraggles may have taught for different reasons, they're all a part of Henson's genius.
  6. unclematt

unclematt Active Member

In essence they are both Muppets. If they were not Muppets they would not have appeared in The Muppet Family Christmas.
  7. wwfpooh

wwfpooh New Member

But remember, that was done before Disney acquired The Muppets from TMS & MB.
  8. Maestro

Maestro New Member

Let me ask this: Other than the obvious, technical reasons (such as the "Jim Henson's Muppets" at the end of the opening theme of Fraggle Rock), what characteristics do you two believe make the Fraggles Muppets?