Which book should I get?

Evilpenguinj

Reaction score
Hi all

I am looking into making my own puppets. I want to make something that looks like the muppet style. I bought the The Foam Book, but I want something that is a little more step by step. Can anyone suggest something? I came across Jarrod Boutcher puppets and man I was impressed! I want to make a Kermit replica, to do a show for my daughter who loves Kermit! Any help would be great!

Jason

renegade

Reaction score
Jason ,
go to project puppet.com and look at the sock pattern! it will be a great start for you. All my puppets are made using these patterns as a base !
thanks and it's good to have someone else building for there little one's

Evilpenguinj

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, are you saying that your puppets are based off the sock pattern?

Jason

renegade

Reaction score
nope there based on the rotondo patterns and punto pattern
this puppet I did here is based on the sock pattern

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
I would say go with the Project Puppet patterns if you can. The Foam Book is not bad, but it's been eclipsed by newer, better resources.

I have a Guide to Puppet Building Resources you can read too. There's a lot of good stuff listed in it (I think anyway!).

puppetsmith

Reaction score
Thanks for the "votes" renegade and Buck-Beaver!

Evilpenguinj, if you have any questions about the Project Puppet patterns feel free to contact us through the contact page on the website or just ask on the board here. I'd be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Evilpenguinj

Reaction score
Thanks for all the replies guys! I think I am definitly going to go with the Glorified Sock Puppet pattern. I guess my question is, I have been looking at the winners of the Sock Puppet contest, and for someone who is starting out, how hard would it be to achive something of that quality. I was really impressed with the project puppets website!

Jason