Which book should I get?

renegade

Reaction score
Jason the key is just take your time and work clean (ie don't get hot glue on the fleece , make sure your cuts are nice and straight)
also dont over think any of it . You will make mistakes but just fix it on the next one!! just keep biulding and each one will get better and better

RottenPuppets

Reaction score
glorified sock pattern is a great way to start and get comfortable with the materials you'll use making them. as long as you have ideas, you could potentially make an army of sock puppets. with that army you could.. potentially take over a shoestore or tobacco shop. it's in your hands!

Evilpenguinj

Reaction score
Thanks to all who replied. I purchased the Glorfied Sock Puppet pattern the other night it looks good! Now where to start. I don't think I am going to start with Antron Fleece since I don't want to bother with dye yet. But I want it to look good. What would be the next best material? How do you make a nose like the one that is on ernie and bert?

Jason

SesameKermie

Reaction score
A nose like Ernie's or Bert's can be made by cutting a circle or oval out of your covering fabric, putting stuffing in the circle and then gathering the edges tightly. Just sew the funny looking side to the head. I haven't worked with antron, but I've heard polar fleece works pretty well.

renegade

Reaction score
try a fleece or fur type of material should have a bit of stretch to it , you want something with a little fuzz to it . It will help hide the seems!

Take a styro foam egg, cut off about a 1/4 of it long ways then try to hollow out the middle ...take a peice of fabric the is about 6in square. Place the nose in the middle then stretch the fabric around it and glue it into the hollowed out side . just stretch and tuck it in . you will need to cut a few darts or it will become bunched up .
hope that helps
also i really hope you post a picture when you done I would love to see it

Evilpenguinj

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Renegade! I checked out your blog, it looks good! I will definitly upload a picture when I am done, unless it is really terrible! :wink: I have so much to learn! I enjoy this forum because everyone here seems helpful and nice.

Jason:smile: