Which Film do you want to see get made?

Beauregard

Reaction score
They have just made KSY so don't you think that with a Prequal to TMM they it would be hoping to much to have a sequel too?

beaker

Reaction score
>>>So the reason MFS didn't work cause it lacked bite, same with KSY apperanly (Haven't seen it yet so I'm not sure) <<<

No youre right...I will say I think MFS to me personally is my fave Muppet film since MTM(my favorite one)

Yeah, the Muppets taking on Creature Shop baddies was just an out there idea...however JHC does need to do *something* ambitious for the next film, and not just some junk themed throw away plot.

JHH Muppets would rock...we already saw Clifford graduate to main Muppet status, and Zondra and chip cameoed in MFS. So hopefully there's a comeback of sorts for Digit, Leon, and Lindburgh.

And maybe JHC would be ambitious enough to get a non kiddy related director(like how Hill was linked with Nickelodeon) like Spike Jonze, the mentioned on here Gilliam, etc to make some truly ambitious.

matleo

Reaction score
The other problem I think Tim Hill had was that it was his first motion picture where he was used to directing Saturday morning schlock for Nickelodeon. If you look at MFS, it moves way too quickly. He jumps form place to place as opposed to waking time to establish your villain, give us a reason to care baout Gonzo's plight, etc. I found I was tired about half-way through the film. There really aren't any scenes in that film that last more than 2 mintues or so. You can't direct a film with the sensitivities of a Saturday Morning cartoon, it just doesn't work. Whereas Gilliam and Jonez and and even Frank Oz and Brian Henson are storytellers and will take the time to set-up the scene and the characters and really tell a good story. Of course Frank's real strength is in establishing characters and telli a good character motivated story, Brian (as I mentioend eralier in this thread) is marvelous and getting what he wants out of a shot and setting the tone and mood of a piece. Gilliam is good at keeping a story movie and keeping the humor fast, but also takes a great care and into making sure what you see on the scene 'is just right. If you watch the Special edition DVD commentary on Monthy Ptyhon's quest for the Holy Grail, you'll hear John Cleese actually complain quite a bit abou this. I think Jonez is just weird and has a way of making his audience say "Whats did I just watch."

If you look at Muppet films of the past, 4 out of 6 have been directorial film debuts. So what makes Tim Hill's different form the other 3? Well, Henson, Henson and Oz had all worked with Muppets before and were aware of the technical difficulties and were in famliar environments. Tim Hill really took on a baptism by fire. I just don't think it worked vary well. now I'm kind of babbling and I tihnk I forgot what my point was, so I think I'm going to go have dinner now.
--Matt

Salmoto

Reaction score
I had heard that about Lynch's work but am unfamilar with any of it myself.

Matleo, go to http://www.angrynakedpat.com. There's a plethora of his work. He may upload viginettes from "Big Helium Dog" and his student film "They Came from Uranus" there. Be warned, at times the characters in the Pat strip are like the Anti-Muppets.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
ooh ooh I'm going to bring up a thread from the DEAD! HAHAHAHA

since this topic is being discussed a lot lately, I decided this thread was one of the first ones, and had all ideas in it...not just one or two

I, personally like the cheap idea...with fancy schmancy opening credits, and the rest is left up to someones imagination, no matter what it may be...getting cash for the rest of the film...or whatever I think this script has the most potential!

Sarah

Luke

Reaction score
I see Bryan Lynch says in the bio section of his site that after listing the 'Next Muppet Movie' :- "You will never see any of these. Ever. Never ever ever." Hmmmmmmmm

He has a message board on his site where he regularly hangs out - i say we go schmooze with him and find out more info !

Luke

Reaction score
It's the same one as above - www.angrynakedpat.com - i was reading the forum bit and he hangs out there. I don't think it's their usual kinda subject (a lot of it is people swearing) but he might answer some stuff if it's put the right way - not sure how the others will react to Muppet fans.

matleo

Reaction score
I would suggets that of one of us is going to go and post it should only be like one or two of us...not like a bunch of suddenly hanging out over there. Also it should preferably be someone who is familiar with his other work and generally interested...any volunteers??? Anyone???

--Matt

Luke

Reaction score
Hey Matt,

Yeah you're right. I don't mind doing it, but you seem to know most so you'd probably be the better person. It's upto you.