Who are the muppets parodies of?

Joggy

Reaction score
Rowlf appeared in Muppets Tonight, Muppet Racemania, MuppetFest, and... the Weezer Behind The Scenes special. Which was probably the biggest TV performance he's had in years. Sounded a bit like Bobo, but it was still good ol' Rowlf.

Anyway, I found another parody. Wayne and Wanda. They sound just like Abu and Esther (sp?) who sang "You're My Lady". I've also seen a 60's couple sing on TV and they looked/sounded like W&W. Might have been the same singers.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Originally posted by DarthGonzo

Scooter finally came out of retirement in "Muppets From Space", but apparently hasnt been seen on film since.
...yeah, but then again there hasn't been much Muppet films since MFS for Scooter to be appearing in! :smile:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by dwmckim
...yeah, but then again there hasn't been much Muppet films since MFS for Scooter to be appearing in! :smile:
Which is why if he's not in the Muppet Christmas special, I'm gonna be ticked.

-Kim

Waldorf

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I thought he had been retired as a tribute too. Though I still don't see why he was retired as a tribute. I would have thought that keeping the muppets with good story lines would have been a better tribute.
Bravo! I totally agree. What have we gotten, movie wise, since JH's death? One "original" story and two well-known stories. We need another original story, like TMM and TGMC.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I've heard that
Dr. Teeth = Dr. John
Floyd = Sgt. Pepper
Janice=Janice Joplin
Zoot = Zoot Simms
Animal = Keith (I forgot the last name)

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
Placido Flamingo - Placido Domingo
Baa Baa Walters - Barbara Walters
Meryll Sheep - Meryll Streep
Pat Playjacks - Pat Sajak
Oinker Sisters - Pointer Sisters
Jackman Wolf - Wolfman Jack

jeremyactor

Reaction score
There was this one episode of the Muppet Show I saw where there were these 3 people, one that looked like Jim, one that looked like Frank, and one that looked like Jerry and they were singing the Tomorrow song. I think those were parodies. :wink:

Jeremy (REALLY hoping people picked up on the sarcasm and don't think I'm just an idiot)

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I heard that Miss Piggy is a Parody of "Peggy Lee" In Fact Piggy's real name is Miss Piggy Lee