Who are you?

Scrid

Reaction score
I was Fimsterlives on Delphi, but I decided to go with a muppetname I loved, although I now know the character's name was Scred, not Scrid. A puppeteer for nigh onto 29 years, one of my puppets, Bop Beepers ("I'm a Creep. It's a family name. All of my family are Creeps. You should meet my uncle, the Big Bopper"), was Scred-inspired. The Muppet that really galvanized my imagination was Lothar in the Ed Sullivan Santa show. Loved that fez!
TV Mc Arthur

KPrell

Reaction score
Oh, THIS is where everyone is checking in. It's been good to catch up with all the familiar names again and meet new folks as well. Hi everyone!

Yep, I'm the one that got the amazing chance to inflict Red Fraggle on you all and it's all thanks to Jim Henson. I've done all kinds of freelance work, including computer animation at Pixar, but my first love is still puppeteering. The same goes for my husband Mike Quinn, whose puppeteer credits include Dark Crystal and Nein Nunb in Return of the Jedi.

Some of the other Muppet and Henson folk peek in here from time to time. It's good for us all to see that our hard work and devotion to quality has been appreciated. And this is STILL the best place for Henson and Muppet news.

Thanks to everyone to your enthusiasm for all things Muppety and for keeping the forum florishing. Oh - and be sure to check out Warrick's Fraggle DVD petition if you haven't already:

http://www.angelfire.com/super2/fragglerock0/Entrance.html

Wahoo!

Karen Prell (and Red!)

http://www.karenprell.com

Sir Didymus

Reaction score
To Karen Prell

I didn't know Mike Quinn performed Nien Numb! He's one of my favorite Star Wars characters!

Sir Didymus
or
Kermit/Gonzo

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Originally posted by KPrell
Oh, THIS is where everyone is checking in. It's been good to catch up with all the familiar names again and meet new folks as well. Hi everyone!
HIYA KAREN!!

Hey, was great meeting you at MuppetFest! Hope there's a second one that you can come running up to the stage and say, "Excuse me? I'M a female puppeteer!" That was so great!

I really enjoyed talking to, and annoying (I'm sure), Mike as well! But, that's what us Fozzies do, I guess, huh?

Well, you're here; we get Jerry to posting again and it'll be more like home again!

Later!
FOZ

dwmckim

Reaction score
and to add to Karen's post...

...she's also got probably the most gosh-darn NEATEST hats out of anyone of the forum!! (Sorry, Rowlf!):big_grin:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hats...

Yeah, she does have the best hats! Even better than brown porkpie hats WOCKA WOCKA!!

FOZ:big_grin:

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Whoops...

Even though I've been here for a couple of weeks, I didn't see this thread till now. Oh, well, might as well "officially" sign in, huh?

Hi, everyone. I'm Chilly Down, same as on the other forum. Welcome to all the new people here! We hope you have lots of fun as part of our crazy little (maybe not so little anymore?) group. Also glad to see all the familiar faces here as well!

Together again...gee, it's good to be together again...

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
WHO ARE YOU?!?!

Hiya,

Hey, this reminds me of kind of a funny family story. Remember that I always used to post sometimes about my Papa Roy, my 94 year old grandfather who lives alone outside of Potts Camp, MS, in a little place called Cornersville, and does all his own laundry and driving and yard work and garden work and...well, out-does everyone else in my family? It involves him and my now deceased Granny Ethel.

Back before Granny's health really began to fail, she used to forget sometimes...well, a LOT of the time...and she would ask Papa if he'd been to the mailbox yet, so many times it would irritate him.

Well, one day, I told her, "Hey, you can forget how often you ask Papa if he'd been to the mailbox yet, but it's gonna hurt my feelings if you ever look at me and ask me 'Who are you?'"

We all 3 laughed about it.

Not so many months after that, Papa was rear-ended by a big transfer truck carrying milk, and THAT day milk didn't do a body good. As a matter of fact, Papa didn't realize it at first, but it had caused him some problems in his "guts" somewhere and ultimately made him very, very sick. Everyone in the family knew it, BUT not everyone in the family knew about the "Who are you?" joke I had with him and Granny.

So, my cousin Deborah went up to check on Papa one day, and she walked in the house and said, "Hey, I'm here." And Papa looked at her and said in his weak voice, "Who are you?"

Deborah ran into the other room bawling her eyes out and called up here to Memphis, TN, to tell my aunt Janet, "Papa's bad sick, Janet; I just got here and he doesn't know who I am!!"

Now, everytime we see Deborah, we ask her, "Who are you?" Papa LOVES doing that to her, and she gets miffed about it, too!

That is a funny family story.
The end.
FOZ

Joggy

Reaction score
I think this is almost as funny as "Your face!"

Maybe we should make a habit of asking everybody "Who are you?" all the time... hmm.

Who are you?