Who Built Lips?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Okay all you Lips fans! Mike Quinn and Steve Whitmire are working together on an unannounced Muppet project, and they have been trying to figure out who originally built Lips. So if anyone on here knows I will share that info with Mike.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Thanks I looked it up and found that myself. LOL thanks though. Apparently they are doing some kind of filming and they are using Lips, and it is the original puppet which is hard to them to believe.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder why they need to know who built the original puppet in order to use it. Do the puppet builders have to get paid every time a puppet they built gets used or something?

And it's interesting that the original is going to be used, when a new one was built a few years ago. I wonder if Lips will be doing something that would be damaging to a puppet (I've read that whenever the Big Bird puppet is about to be replaced they have Big Bird do something that they normally wouldn't have him do, the only example I know of is him in real water).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I wonder why they need to know who built the original puppet in order to use it. Do the puppet builders have to get paid every time a puppet they built gets used or something?
I doubt that. I think they were just curious after they discovered it's the same puppet.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
From what Mike said from his Facebook page the puppet was very fragile, and they where just wondering who built Lips, just for the sake of knowing. Apparently they took good care of Lips by putting him in a sealed bag and another storage thing. Unlike in the early days where Jim when he thought he was done with a puppet would give it to his kids to play with.

cahuenga

Reaction score
Where are kept all the muppets? there may be hundreds or thousands!!! did they change the storage after Disney bought them? and sesame Muppets and Jim Henson puppets? thanks!!!

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
THIS will be an interesting short. Lips is one of the most mysterious yet best loved obscure characters (at least by many fans, including myself). Using the original puppet no less, what could they possibly be planning. Hope we can see soon enough!