Who HASN'T had this happen to them before..

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
As far as I can remember, I dont think I ever called a teacher mom or dad, but I have called my Dad "mom"

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
i did that ones unconsciously not thinking about where I was, and my teacher helped me not feel as embarrassed about it as I was.

RedDragon

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
As far as I can remember, I dont think I ever called a teacher mom or dad, but I have called my Dad "mom"
Same here...but never the other way around

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
My brother and I were both guilty of this when we were going to the Redeemer Lutheran Primary School in our old small country town.
AND IT WAS A MALE TEACHER WHO WE CALLED MUM AS WELL!!!!!!!!!

Course we only lived with our mother since our parents were divorced so that may have had a lot to do with the embarassment. Thank God though it only happened a few times during part of one term. Anyway he took it so well I can remember one time I said Mum he smiled and said sweetly "Yes son. What do you want?"

MrsPepper

Reaction score
I have, but when I was pretty young, no older than 7 I'd say.

I've done some similar things like that, though. Once a long time ago I was calling someone's house to see if my brother was there. When they said "No, he's not", I automatically said "Can I take a message?", because I was so used to saying that when other people called. When I realised that I was the one who called THEM in the first place, I got really embarrased and hung up.

Katzi428

Reaction score
Bill Bubble Guy said:
My brother and I were both guilty of this when we were going to the Redeemer Lutheran Primary School in our old small country town.
AND IT WAS A MALE TEACHER WHO WE CALLED MUM AS WELL!!!!!!!!!

Course we only lived with our mother since our parents were divorced so that may have had a lot to do with the embarassment. Thank God though it only happened a few times during part of one term. Anyway he took it so well I can remember one time I said Mum he smiled and said sweetly "Yes son. What do you want?"
LOL Marty!At least he took it well.:smile:

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Well, I'm homeschooled. So, I don't think I'll ever have to worry about that. Unless of course it happens when I go to college.... that would be SO embarrasing!

Xela

Reaction score
Yeah, I think most people have done this..I did a few times, in elementary school.

Now, I usually call teachers by another teacher's name.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sometimes I joke with my parents like if I think my mom is in a room, and I start calling for her then I walk in and it's my dad, so I start "wow mom, you got hairier all of the sudden, and you're voice changed!".

Then if it's the other way around, I say "gee dad, you sure did get feminine all of the sudden."