Who is Guy Smiley?

golden teeth

Reaction score
Yeah. I didn't mean that Guy and Don were the same character, I just meant that they were the same puppet.

MuppetDude

Reaction score
He's an Anything Muppet: his eyes, ears, nose, clothes, etc. can be removed so new puppet pieces can be put on him, thus making it a new character.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
no he's not an AM. those are Muppets with no idenity witch is why they're called that.

Censored

Reaction score
Don't forget Prince Charming; he has the same type of head as Smiley and Don too. The head has been used for other characters as well, whoever they want to be an exaggerated version of the average long-jawed male type.

Censored

Reaction score
Well, the Sesame Street Unpaved book refers to Roosevelt Franklin as an "Anything Muppet", so maybe Guy Smiley could be considered one too.

On the other hand, they have a specific page for "Anything Muppets" that show the more obscure characters like the Rhymies, the band members of the Monotones (without Little Jerry) and unnamed characters like the doctor and patient in "Ten Commandments of Health."

Technically, any muppet that gets used as different characters with different facial parts could probably be considered an "Anything Muppet". Characters who could never be considered Anything Muppets would probably be Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Oscar, Kermit, most of the monsters, etc. JMO

Ziffel

Reaction score
That surprises me that the Unpaved book refers to Roosevelt Franklin as an anything muppet. Like mikebennidict, I always understood anything muppet to mean a muppet without any identity, like the red and green muppets who did an alphabet segment. Roosevelt not only had an identity but appeared regularly in the early 70's in various segments. I even had a hand puppet of him back then. And Guy Smiley, of course, was in even more segments over a long period of time.

Censored

Reaction score
Ziffel said:
That surprises me that the Unpaved book refers to Roosevelt Franklin as an anything muppet. Like mikebennidict, I always understood anything muppet to mean a muppet without any identity, like the red and green muppets who did an alphabet segment. Roosevelt not only had an identity but appeared regularly in the early 70's in various segments. I even had a hand puppet of him back then. And Guy Smiley, of course, was in even more segments over a long period of time.

Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I first read it, but I figured the definition of AM must include more than I originally thought. Then again, the Sesame Street Unpaved book is certainly not known for 100% accuracy, so who knows...:confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Yeah, I was kind of surprised when I first read it, but I figured the definition of AM must include more than I originally thought. Then again, the Sesame Street Unpaved book is certainly not known for 100% accuracy, so who knows...:confused:

No, the books definition of AM is pretty on i think.

Censored

Reaction score
BEAR said:
No, the books definition of AM is pretty on i think.

Yet, their definition of an Anything Muppet almost seems to contradict their statement that Roosevelt Franklin was one.

Very :confused:

BEAR

Reaction score
I orinally used to think that an Anything Person was just a human Muppet like Farley and Prairie Dawn and whoever else. I will see what I can find out too.