Who is he?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think that Herbie comes off a little like Ned Flanders at thefirst season of the Simpsons, before Ned got religious. He probably didn't work because he wasn't as fun as, say Ernie and Bert, or Sherlock Hemlock (each have character flaws and quirks that make them funny, and great to watch). I saw an old Herbert sketch on Plaza Sesamo, in which he talks about squares (don't ask me what he was called, I can't remember). I almost fell asleep.

The only thing I really liked Herbert in was Herb's silly K poem on the old Sesame Letters album (I found an old copy of the cassette version released with a song book circa 1988 in my parents house and..heh heheh swiped it).

roadrat15

Reaction score
Yes! Exactly! He actually did sound and look a lot like ol' Ned. For all my memory however,I've never heard Grover saying, "Shut up Birdsfoot!" LOL!

MuppetDude

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo

...He was on the game shows with Guy Smiley sometimes...

Quinnnnnnnnnn
I think you're referring to Bennett Cerf, not Herbert.

roadrat15

Reaction score
I've seen and heard Bennet Snerf in two 'What's my Part?' skits, and he looked and sounded different both times. I always thought the guy who said, "How about glasses" was supposed to be Hemlock!