who is this purple muppet?

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
Very welcome, Count.
No, Robin was not in MTI. I've watched it enough to know that.
(Edit: Gasp, I was wrong! :embarrassed: Forgot about that part!)
I only have the movie on tape, so watching the closed captions or subtitles is a no-go for me. I know that That Announcer has it on DVD, so maybe we can enlist him to help.
You don't need the DVD to have captions. The captions are on the tv. I only have the tape as well.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
the ant

the giant ant seen in Muppet treasure island was originally called Jaques Roach, and debuted on The Jim Henson Hour. he later made regular appearances on the Animal Show With Stinky And jake, where he was renamed St.Yves La roache. Oddly enough, he appeared on The Animal Show more than he did in Muppet productions. I wonder if he is still owned by The Jim Henson Company.

there are many pirates in the film whose names are not mentioned at role call, such as Lew Zeland, Jaques Roache, the purple guy i was asking about, Mudwell The Mudbunny, Begoony, and the Electric Mayhem members (if they count).

MrsPepper

Reaction score
What, really? How do you do that? I don't know if I can, cause our tv is very old..

And thanks, TogetherAgain, I'll see if htere's a Best Buy near me.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
What, really? How do you do that? I don't know if I can, cause our tv is very old..
I don't think it works this way on all TV sets, but i have a TV with a menu button, both on the TV and on the remote for it. the menu button helps set up stuff like closed captioning and sleep timer.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually...

Whe Jacques Roach was on JHAS (Jim Henson's Animal Show) his name was Yves St. La Roach. They even made a female version named Yvette the Roach.

As for the suggestions made by Harvey Towers... I'd hesitate adding the Swedish Chef, Rowlf, Robin, Bean Bunny, Gonzo and Rizzo, the Electric Mayhem, Lew Zealand and Sweetums. Why? Because, even though they were dressed in pirate garb, they were still themselves. Gonzo from MTI is still addressed as Gonzo. That's why I treat the Cabin Boy figure of him as a variant and not a figure of another family member acrewed towards the family members immortalized in action figure form totals.
This differs from Kermit or Fozzie, cause even it was plain that it was Kermit or Fozzie in the role they were playing, they were playing a role that wasn't named Kermit or Fozzie. Kermit was Captain Abraham Smollet and Fozzie was Squire Trelawney. So, I'd tend to leave those off the list if they were just themselves in piratical clothing.

However, the rats are certainly up for inclusion... Just not sure under what entry heading though.
Hope this helps.