Who makes the principal Muppets ?

muppetinsider

Reaction score
I heard he was blacklisted from working for them again. Too bad, talented guy but too many oddities about him.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
Blacklisted? Why? Is it because of his work with Crank Yankers?

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Well, I believe the story goes back about 5 years or so ago; he use to do a lot of work on Sesame. However, there was a problem with him taking ideas from one of the other principal performer's notepad, literally swiping notes to an idea for a show and characters that this performer had been working on. When this muppeteer walked in on Rick reading his private notepad, well, you can imagine the awkwardness that must have been.
Needless to say, from that day on, he never worked there again.
Again, nice guy, talented performer, but not to be trusted.

Keeermit

Reaction score
Sesame Workshop is still open for business and makes the puppets for Sesame Street and many or the other sesame shows around the world. :insatiable:

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Correct amundo.
Maybe one day we can see all the Muppets together again the way it should be. Right now they are kind of like the scarecrow from Wizard of Oz; half of them over here, half of them over there, and the other half over there. It's just too divided up and it's really starting to show.
No more Kermit on Sesame Street. Muppet Show characters and Fraggles together? I don't thinks so. The full Muppet breed cannot sing together in unison anymore, and that kind of defeats the purpose of the whole idea of unity that Jim was trying to bring to the world.
Too bad they didn't freeze Jim the way they supposedly did with Walt; Cause now would be a perfect time to start thawing him out.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I'll add one thing to this thread taken from my day with :wisdom: Caroll Spinney. He commented that things are taken a little more seriously with Sesame Street rather than their Muppet kindred nowadays. I think he was referring to staying focused on educational children's programming, keep the allusion and magic alive, and an overall feeling of knowing what their all doing.

KK

unclematt

Reaction score
It is so good to know that there are people out there that feel as strongly as I do about what the Muppets are and need to be.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
well if you look at the "new" credits on SS (Sesame Street) you can see it say "Jim Henson's Creature Shop" makes the Puppets

unclematt

Reaction score
Does anybody ever think there will be a day where all the Muppets are together with one home again?