1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Who Performs Gobo's Voice?

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by muppet baby, Jun 30, 2007.

1. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

i have been watching the first season of faggle roock and i am working on getting the second season , in a short while .

The question that i have about the faggle voice is this :

The voice of gobo sounds like the voice of Kermit's nephew Robin am i right is it the same voice ?

I am just wondering , i love Robin's voice and Robin's voice very much .

They just sound very simerlier to me .

Does anyone feel the same as i do ?

Do any of the voices of the Fraggle voices sound simmlar to the any other muppet's voices just wondering i thought that it was neat .

2. According to the Bonus Features disc with the First Season Box Set, it is indeed the same voice! I forget the actor's name off hand, but the same puppeteer/actor who did Robin also did Gobo. In fact, the actor describes the Gobo voice as being like a teenage version of Robin.

Patricia/cherrypotion27

3. RKUNKLER

RKUNKLER New Member

cherrypotion27 Jerry Nelson does :smirk: and :) nephew Robin. He said that :smirk: is a teenage sounding Robin.

4. Gonzo14

Gonzo14 Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson also did Pa Gorg and the Trash Heap from Fraggle Rock, and outside Fraggle Rock he did many more characters like Floyd Pepper and The Count

5. Muppet Newsgirl

Muppet Newsgirl Active Member

And Jim gave Jerry the part of Gobo because "he's the one that holds everyone together."

6. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Jim Henson also remarked how he liked the sound of Jerry's voice when it was recorded. There's a distinct sharpness to it that comes across.

7. muppet baby

muppet baby Active Member

wow cool that is right about gobo he does keep everyone together

8. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

The were voice by the sme person you know Jerry Nelson!

9. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

That's true!