"Who said that every wish..." - MFC short stories

Beauregard

Reaction score
Yep, Christmas in july...who knew, lol. I'm honestly not sure why I keep writing christmas stories latly...maybe it's just the time of year when the muppets function best...

Well, coming next, a Fragglish tail! (Tale?)

Beauregard

Reaction score
Story 2 - Wishing for friends...

The celebration of giving was upon them! One of the best times of the year, where they came together as a Fraggle whole and gave gifts one to the other to the other. "And so I am going to pass the Fraggle pebble on to Boober this year," Mokey explained. "What are you going to give, Gobo?"

Gobo shrugged. They were in the cave of Mokey and Red. Mokey was holding the orange Fraggle pebble and shinning it with a cloth. "Come on now, Gobo. You must have some idea," she said.

"Yo guys!" a shout came. A whirlwind in red appeared in the doorway. "Yohoo! Oh there you are Mokey! Boy do I have a surprise for you! Yes, I do!"

"You do?" Mokey smiled. "And what is that, Red?"

"It's a painting! I did it all by myself, and used the Let-It-Flow technique you taught me. And, it's for you, Mokey. Because you're my best friend. Oh! Hi Gobo."

"Hi, Red. Can I see that?"

"Oh, sure. Sure!" She waved the canvas in the air.

“That looks…nice,” Mokey said.

“It’s how I feel,” Red said. “See, a little bit excited, the green splash, and a bit dancing! The red, there. And that dribble of blue was an accident, but…”

“It’s lovely,” Mokey said. She hugged the picture close. “It’s you.”

A smile nearly split Red’s face in half. “What about you, Gobo? What are you giving, and to who?”

“Technically, it’s, to whom,” Boober said, poking his head into the cave.

“Oh Boober!” Mokey exclaimed. “I have a pebble just for you!”

“Really?”

“Oh yes, and I’ve been polishing it and, it’s…Gobo? Are you alright?”

Gobo shrugged again. “I guess,” he said. “It’s just…my Uncle Matt.”

“Oh! Your Uncle Matt!” Red squealed. “He’s always here for the celebration of giving.”

“Yes, but…” Mokey said.

Boober frowned. “I don’t see why his coming should disturb you like this, Gobo. Sure, an outside has germ and contagions from Outer Space, but…”

“Er, people...” Mokey said.

Wembly’s face appeared next to Boober’s. “It’s time for the annual celebration dance! Let’s go.”

“Oooh!” Red jumped up and down, and dashed after Wembly. Boober followed. Only Mokey waited with Gobo. “Have you heard from your uncle, Gobo?”

“He should have been here by now.”

Mokey wrapped a scarf around her neck. “Have you checked the post cards? He might have written.”

*^*^*^*

Gobo stepped out of the Fraggle hole. There was the bin, there was the postcard. There was silence hanging thick over the room. The curtains were drawn. The monster wasn’t anywhere to be seen. Gobo crept to the bin, and lifted out the card. Something fell from the edge onto his foot.

He lifted it up. “Christmas at the Farmhouse! Rent this farmhouse for Christmas, and have a nice quiet Christmas away from home,” Gobo read. “Curious. Now, let’s see what this post card says…”

“Dear Nephew Gobo, I have encountered a strange tradition among the silly creatures. It seems in the winter months they take time to make happy the green slender creatures with the many arms. First, the silly creatures do something unusual. They lift the Green Slender Creature onto their shiny-wheeled beasts, and lead them back to their homes. Once there, they take the Green Slender Creature into their homes, and laden it with beautiful jewellery. Finally they place all manor of gifts at the Green Slender Creature’s feet as some kind of offering. It appears the creature is then so happy by this procedure that it simply glows with joy, and twinkles with happiness. I tried to initiate this ritual, with a green slender creature, but in my absent-mindedness I mistook a silly creature in a green coat for the much more intelligent Green Slender Creatures. Your Uncle, Travelling Matt”

“Hm, cool,” Gobo said, then noticed. “P.S. I will not be back for the Celebration of Giving. As I am exploring the winter behaviour of the creatures known as Snowmen at a farmhouse. Tata! Matt.”

*^*^*^*

“So, Boober, this Fraggle pebble is for...”

“I’m gunna need your help,” Gobo exclaimed.

They turned to him. “Where’ve you been?” Red asked. “You’re missing all the fun.”

“Yes, and I was just giving Boober his gift,” Mokey added.

Gobo held up a piece of paper. A farmhouse was on its cover. “I think my Uncle is here.”

*^*^*^*

“It could be,” Gobo said.

“I don’t know about this,” Mokey said. “I mean, it seems very dangerous.”

“But, Mokey, it’s my only chance to spend the celebration with my Uncle.”

Red held up her hand. “I’m going.”

“You are?” Wembly stuttered. “I mean, you are! Gobo, me too. I think... What do you think Boober?”

“I think…ahh, these dances are no fun anyway. Just, don’t let Sidebottom hear me saying that.”

“The majority has callen,” Mokey said. “I shall certainly join this epic quest for reunion with…guys, wait for me!”

*^*^*^*

“These caves are creepy!”

“What if we get split up!”

“Wow, look at those amazing stalactites.”

“Guys, I think it’s this way.”

“I’m jut gunna run ahead a bit!”

“Wait up.”

“What if we get split up????”

“Shh, I think I heard something,” Mokey said.

“A voice,” Boober agreed. “Let’s hide.”

“Yeah, guys, split up,” Gobo said.

Wembly gulped.

And then they came. Two strange…green…frogs?

*^*^*^*

“Pass it on,” Wembly hummed.

“It’s no use,” Red said. “We’ve gone around this cave for hours, in circles.”

“You know what is interesting about circles?” Mokey said. “They never have an ending. They are like a metaphor for…oh, Gobo…I think we are lost.”

“Worse, we are back in the same place we were before. Where we met the forgs.”

“That’s frogs,” Boober corrected.

“Whatever,” Gobo said, mad at once. “We still haven’t found my uncle, and…” He stopped, and sighed. Then heard a sound, music echoing from above.

“What’s that?” Red chirped.

“It’s pretty!”

“Let’s see, hey,” Gobo said.

Together they the way the frogs had come. They came out into a cellar. Red’s eyes went wide. “Wow, it’s so exciting!”

“And contagious,” Boober said.

Up the steps they went, and out into a room…it was beautiful…so many people. Gobo smiled, then remembered. Here he was with so many strange and wonderful creatures, but his Uncle…was…Right there! Gobo had made it! He’d found the farmhouse, Found Doc, and Sprocket, and Uncle Matt.

Uncle Matt turned his head. The snowman was outside, it was too cold for Matt out there, and too hot for the snowman in here. And there…right in front of him, was his Nephew Gobo.

*^*^*^*

Together they walked back along the Fraggle Tunnels. Red run ahead with Wembly, Mokey walked behind with Boober. Gobo and Uncle Matt walked hand in hand. “And what did you give this celebration, young fraggle?” Uncle Matt asked.

“I gave…I was too worried about you to give anything,” Gobo admitted.

“But you gave something,” Uncle Matt said. “Young Fraggle, you gave me a smile. And that was all I wanted this celebration.”

“And, Uncle Matt. All I wished for this celebration, was you…”

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow! I loved it, I don't think words could express how much I loved this installment!

“But you gave something,” Uncle Matt said. “Young Fraggle, you gave me a smile. And that was all I wanted this celebration.”

“And, Uncle Matt. All I wished for this celebration, was you…”
Beautifully put! Shouldn't this be what Christmas is all about? (Well, ok, giving ceremony for Fraggles, but anyway...). I can't wait to see what's next.

Xerus

Reaction score
Once again, Beau. You've written another great fanfic that takes place during that Xmas special. :smile: I liked how Uncle Matt studied the habits of the green slender creature. Very Christmassy. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Hehe! Glad you liked that postcard! I have to pop the special in before writing the next, which is either about Link and the Newsman, or about Gonzo...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Well, whichever you decide on, I'll be waiting impatiently for the next installment....

Beauregard

Reaction score
lol

Ok...I'll get on it, tomorrow, hopefuly. A story about Gonzo and christmas, and discontinuality between Gonzo being in the final sing-siong and not being there. (Go ahead and check your copies! Don't take my word for it.)