Who will be on Sesame Street next season?

DTF

Reaction score
Adults shouldn't even be watching some stars

HOllywood has gone so far downhill...I don't know almost all the names you've all mentioned, and I'm 35. Too much innuendo, bad language, unnecessary violence, and so on for me nowadays.

Maybe that's why, despite disliking parts as too juvenile, I find myself enjoying SS somewhat right now. A weird way to begin a mid-life thing perhaps? :smile:

But there are a few stars I respect, and athletes, too...

Tom Hanks: Remember Apollo 13? Put him in a sketch w/13 as the number of the day, with a few Muppets, who have to figure out how to safely deliver an emergency shipment of bird seed for milkshakes from Hooper's Store to someplace else. Trying to envision who could be part of this...from another post you know I love Telly as Monster on the Spot, though, and he'd be a great reporter covering it.

Robin Williams: He is still crazy, aafter all these years, and still a joy to watch.

Dave Coulier: From FUll House and Animal Kidding fame, among others. (Wasn't he also hosting America's Funniest People - i hardly watch any tV anymore.), with all those voices he does he'd be great in just about any role.

If he's still living, the fellow who sang "I Only Have Eyes For You" (name escapes me) - I wrote a cute parody of that one myself once about a person who lost all their alphabet except for the letter I.

Same with Weird Al Yankovic, I do really enjoy him.

Elmo's World is fine if you bring him out into the street to do it. Send him elsewhere, put him on the playground to talk to kids, he's int hat room all the time and I have this concept of a kid who's always in his room for timeout as punishment.

Also, Mr. Noodle needs to come out onto the street more, I enjoy his physical comedy. CAn you imagine him interacting w/Cookie Monster, trying to serve him cookies? Or Grover as the waiter in those old sketches?

Anny, SSetta, put a bug in your friends' ears, please. Have Elmo "find out more" in his world in another way besides TV! Hey, we want kids to be literate, introduce them to books! Otherwise, I don't think PBS is really promoting literacy, they're promoting couch potatoes. Yes, the TV is fine, but once or two, send Elmo to a book to find out more. Even if he needs to find someone to read to him. This is what bothers me the most about SS nowadays, that idea that it's always some channel or other thaat Elmo learns from. Thank you, Ssetta. I'm aware of many parents who feel the same way. I'd accept any other annoying stuff they have done to dumb it down a little from what I remember, if they didn't emphasize TV every episode as the way to learn more. It was cute for a while, I imagine, because of all the calb echannels about every little things, but now it's just annoying.

In fact, where's that deaf librarian. Bring her back for an Elmo's World segment or two. Or a blind person. An Elmo's World segment about disabilities would be great.

No, I don't mind the computer as much, even though not a lot of kids have coputers.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
i think you're wrong about PBS not promoting literacy. there is a reading show on there called between the lions.

Muppet Dudemang

Reaction score
WEEN!
I'd love to see Dean and Gene Ween on Sesame Street. They can write some write some really nice songs and kiddy songs which would be great for kids. I've heard that their kids love the Street as well so it'd be a good idea :zany: :smile:

DTF

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
i think you're wrong about PBS not promoting literacy. there is a reading show on there called between the lions.
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that. That's good to see, that they are encouraging that. Sometimes I worry that they, like many other places nowadays, are so taken by the serch for the almighty buck that they want to keep kids glued to their shows, & their parents spending money on them, rather than advancing kid toward the stage that will give them real ability to advance in society. After all, you can take a book anywhere, and now with Print ON Demand publishing, it costs very little to publish your own fiction!

punkNpuppets

Reaction score
i'd like to see jason lee on the show...i dont know what he'd do. he's just one of my favorite actors

DTF

Reaction score
Forgot to mention some athletes; I remember watching a few times w/my cousins whent hey were little int he early '80s, and Dr. J. was on. I'd like to see:

Lance Armstrong, mentioned already, also something with circles since bike tires are circles;

Jerome Brown, Packer defensive player who was reportedly 400 pounds at one point, though he's trimmed down now might still be funny to see him or someone else on SS. The Packers have a greaat reputation for giving back tot eh community and everything.

Brett Favre, too, come to think of it. Or some other Packer w/some focus on colors, given the Green in the town name. But Favre's the best known, a 3-time MVP and possibly someday the most prolific tocuhdown thrower of all time.

NOt sure if there are any knuckleball pitchers anymore, but maybe an old, crafty pitcher who's known for throwingreally slow stuff compared to the rocketing fastball of a teammate. And, they way overemphasize the slow vs. fast thing as they teach that concept in a skit. Jamie Moyer, actually, comes to mind as a pitcher noted for slow stuff tht keeps hitters off balance still.

The newest media daarling after her gret Olympic gold in gymnastics, of course. Was Mary Lou Retton ever on after her '84 Olympics?

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Here's a list of celebrities I can imagine appearing on the show someday....

*Green Day
*Simon Cowell(maybe he could appear in a sketch with Oscar :grouchy: )
*Donald Trump(appearing in a spoof of "The Apprentice")
*Fred Durst(he could sing a parody of one of his songs with Cookie Monster, titled "I Did It All For the Cookie")
*Adam Sandler
*Eddie Murphy
*Will Farell
*Rowan Atkinson
*SpongeBob and Patrick
*Scooby-Doo and Shaggy

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey DTF, if you're looking for a knuckleballer, then look no further than World Series champ Derreck Lowe. Though I think he just got traded away from the Boston Red Sox.
Would love to see Robin Williams back on the Street after the bits he did in the late '80s or early 90's.
The bit with Tom Hanks spoofing Apollo 13 rully appeals to me, they could make it as a special movie presentation with Telly as a Monster-On-The-Spot reporter featured in the movie and then we'd also see him at the movie theater with Oscar delivering the reviews. You could bring back both Sesame Street Previews and Sesame Street Films in one fail swoop, and you'd have a numeric companion piece to High 12.
Then again, I'd like to see the return of songs and fun sketches with Muppet characters for either the letters or numbers, would be another step in the right direction to get back to the glory days of yesteryears.

Oh, and the deaf librarian's name is Linda portrayed by Linda Bove.

DTF

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, forgot about Lowe, and also about Tim Wakefield, who's been around forever it seems. I don't know how I forgot them, but now I remember after having a playoffs that didn't bore me for once, seeing the Red Sox come back like that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Here some more Old Ernie Clips I would like to see on the 35th Season right after Journey To Ernie:

Ernie at The Miami Mice
Song:big_grin:-U-C-K-I-E
Ernie tried to Borrow a Vaccum Cleaner from Herbert Birdsfoot
The Wrong Patient
Song:Naptime
Ernie is with Girl Wearing a Shirt Like His

That's all I can think of! :stick_out_tongue:
I don't know if they'll show the vaccuum cleaner one since that ends with Ernie getting mad at Herbert for no real reason other than the fact that he was afraid of what Herb would say if he asked to borrow the vaccuum. That one might give children a bad message. Besides, Herb hasn't been on the show in years. But I would like to see...

The Rhyming Game
Things I Remember
The grapejuice/pizza sketch
Imagine That
Doin' the Pigeon (disco) and maybe less of Ernie's Show and Tell. Oh and of course Put Down the Duckie.