"WHOAH!" - What Surprised You Today Thread?

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I'm a Pokemon fan, but mostly of the games and trading cards. I never really could get into the anime. I would watch it sometimes when I was younger, but only when there was nothing else on. I've heard that the Digimon anime is a lot better, but I have yet to see that.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Never got into Digimon to be honest.

Anyway....

I'm reading the manga for One Piece, and in between chapters, there are q and a sections for Eiichiro Oda and.... Someone asked him this.

"Hello, thanks to you, I was able to enter high school, thank you very much."

:confused:

Needless to say, Eiichiro was pretty confused himself.

Any Del

Reaction score
Never got into Digimon to be honest.

Anyway....

I'm reading the manga for One Piece, and in between chapters, there are q and a sections for Eiichiro Oda and.... Someone asked him this.

"Hello, thanks to you, I was able to enter high school, thank you very much."

:confused:

Needless to say, Eiichiro was pretty confused himself.
:laugh: whaaaat? :confused:

Any Del

Reaction score
I was reading a Dragon Ball manga and one of the q and a sections asked Akria

"How does Krillin kiss 18? He's a blad midget! Such a midget he could even fit in a Pokèball!"

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
So, I guess this isn't a huge surprise, but.... Wow. Pokemon now officially has 1000 episodes.

The scary thing is, One Piece isn't too far off from reaching that area as well, considering Eiichiro Oda said in an interview last year "the story is only 60 percent complete."

Which makes me wonder where that 100 percent is going to land....
So, i'm gonna be honest, I was one of those Christian kids that wasn't allowed to watch Pokemon when I was younger. It wasn't until earlier this year my eight year-old brother started watching it and got obsessed with it. And then my parents were like, "Oh yeah, sometimes Evangelicals on the internet in 2003 were pretty dumb." So now i've seen a few episodes. The original series wasn't bad, but I feel like with each show it lost a little bit of it's edge. Still, the animation for the upcoming movie looks beautiful, and they seem to finally be giving the franchise a much needed revamp, so from an artistic standpoint i'm interested. I'm also really looking forward to that live-action Detective Pikachu movie, because it's co-written by Alex Hirsch and Pika is voiced by Ryan Reynolds. The whole thing sounds delightfully weird.

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
I can't believe Summer is already here. As I've said before, this year has really been flying by fast.