Who's the biggest Muppet?

Iggy35

Reaction score
How bout that huge bird in the Bruce Forsyth ep?
Thats gotta be a winner, surely!!

IGGY35

Smig

Reaction score
I had heard that for THE MUPPET MOVIE a huge head was built on a crane and Frank was actually inside working it....
Just the way that head moves it looks like it was pivoting on something. it definitely wasn't a hand-held version..

But stil, i have no idea of it s actual size....but going by other creations...

The BIGGEST Henson creation, non-muppet, in terms of both height and width was the Labyrinth Robot

In Muppets,The TALLEST were the Bossmen.

The HUGEST had to be Thog, though i hear the puppet has deteriorated to the point of non-exsistence..

I would guess the biggest functioning muppet would be the Snuffleupagus..

Smig

Smig

Reaction score
Bossmen are huge rod pupets, at least 15 feet high. They have wide faces with long oval noses and wide toothy grins (Kind of like a wilder version of Doctor Teeth) Thses head are on amazingly skinny bodies that look rather like giant pipecleaners. The arms and legs are as skinny and like as twice as long as the body, ending in large hands or feet. respectively,and the whole shebang is covered in wildly-colored feathers, frizz, and fur (think of a child's stick figure gone psychedelic).

Bossmen were usually worked against black backgrounds, operated by at least two-three performers dressed likewise in black, who had to hoist up the main body, as well as work the lenghty body parts via long, black-covered rods.

Smig

Beauregard

Reaction score
What did Bossmen do and does anyone have a pictre of one?

Smiley

Reaction score
bossmen

Are the Bossmen the ones who danced with Paula Abdul on MT?

Iggy35

Reaction score
I always thought the bossmen were those pink guys that come through the arches at the beginning with sweetums & thog.
Hmmmmm...

IGGY35

Janice Jocelyn

Reaction score
I always thought the boss men were the biggest of all the JH Creature shop creations. But it really got the kids at youth camp thinking when I put the question out to them...and to tease them I never answered!!!

GafferFan

Reaction score
I love the Bossmen. They were in Its a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie during the Cirque du so Lame part if that helps any