1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Who's watching the solar eclipse tomorrow?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pig's Laundry, Aug 20, 2017.

1. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

Clouds keep passing through here, too. Hopefully it'll be clear enough to see the eclipse...

2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

It looks like it's not going to clear up here, so I guess no eclipse for us. :sigh:

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It's starting to get a little dim here.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yep, no clouds here and it's getting darker. And I think the weather's getting a bit cooler.

5. D'Snowth

It's getting really, really dim now.

6. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I got to see the partial coverage over here, and while it didn't go totally pitch black, I did start to feel a slight chill.

7. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Yep, that's it. The sun didn't really disappear at all but it was at least darker here for a while so it looked like mid- evening as opposed to the middle of the day.

8. D'Snowth

Well, our totality is over, and it was pretty cool: like mr3urious, didn't get pitch dark, but it did get really, really dim outside - like if somebody replaced the sun with a 20 or 10-watt bulb, lol. Our streets popped on, the evening bugs started calling out, it was pretty cool.

I think I made a mistake though: I tried filming the whole thing out my window, but I think I probably should have changed the camera's settings to have it on manual exposure instead of automatic, because as it's gotten darker outside, it doesn't appear to have changed at all on camera, but I won't know for sure until I review the entire video.

9. D'Snowth

The entire eclipse is over for us, and I just reviewed the video footage I shot, and yeah - leaving the camera's exposure on automatic was probably a mistake: I fast-forwarded through the whole thing, and it honestly looks the same the entire time then only slightly darker during totality, then back to the same afterwards.

Darn it.

10. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

At least passing clouds is better than passing wind. 8)

muppetgem likes this.
  11. muppetgem

muppetgem Well-Known Member

PFFFT HAHAHAHAHAHA. Good one. It took me a second to realize what you meant there.

12. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Well, it was certainly a nice experience, for sure.

muppetgem likes this.
  13. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

Surprised I missed this thread. Oh well. I was kinda 'meh' to the whole eclipse thing. Possibly because I was having a splitting headache yesterday, but overall, I found it overrated. To me, there's only one good total eclipse.

:D

muppetgem likes this.
  14. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

The eclipse here in New Hampshire was kind of lame in my opinion because of the partialness.