Who's your Role Model???

beaker

Reaction score
bobhopesite said:
Does anyone here have a role model who they look up to??? Mine is Jim Henson!
Oh definately. Whenever someone asks me who one of my main heroes/inspirations/etc is I always put JH.

As for "role models", I look up to the true heroes in life.

I'm not religious, but His Holyness the 14th Dalai Lama I'd say is one of my main heroes. Just because he seems so warm, friendly and balanced. Also the basic idea of who I believe Jesus was/is(not so much the mean people on the planet who think they are being Christlike) MLK seemed like a cool dude.

People who work with special needs kids/special needs adults, and people who effortlessly as individuals or non profit orgs try to help people in 3rd world countries.

I met one of the biggest heroes of 9/11 at the trade towers who saved a lot of people, just a happy go lucky janitor who managed to save a lot of people. So that was inspiring, especially what hes induring these days.

Also anyone whose warm hearted and tries to help people I look up to.

Jim Henson would be the only one I draw both life/positive inspiration and creative/motivation inspiration from.

Artistic inspiration, its difficult as sometimes the brilliant minds/creative people I really dig arent always the best person or social friendly person.

I mean not often does "role model" and artistic favorites match up.
Artwise Im a big fan of Jhonen Vasquez, Katsuhiro Otomo, Masamune Shirow,
Kevin Eastman, Miyazaki, Dave Mckean. Director wise Im a big fan of
Woody Allen, David Lynch, Wes Anderson, David Fincher, Barry Levinson, Tim Burton. Actor wise Im a huge fan of Robin Williams, Robert Doweny Jr, Morgan Freeman, Chow Yun Fat, etc

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
Jim Henson would be the only one I draw both life/positive inspiration and creative/motivation inspiration from.
I think that is one of the best descriptions of Jim's influence, and so I steal it now, and agree completely with it.

BEAR

Reaction score
The reason I also chose John Denver along with Jim Henson is because I feel they share some of the same values and beliefs which comes through in their works even though they are known in different fields of art. I think that is one of the reasons we saw Denver with the Muppets so much too. They both promote peace and are nature lovers/appreciaters.

Another name that I didn't mention before but others have is Walt Disney. He has made a big inpact on my life for just as long as Jim Henson has. Though people have made complaints that the Muppets have joined the Disney Company, I think we would all agree that the 2 men themselves were very much alike. They were visionaries and gave us nothing but the highest quality of family entertainment. They gave us entertainment that everyone can enjoy together. They encouraged us to dream big, imagine, and never give up! I'll bet they are both up in heaven right now looking down upon us praying that everything will work out with the 2 families.

I also have great respect for Fred Rogers and Bill Cosby.

MuppetMarc

Reaction score
Other than the obvious Jim Henson, it used to be anybody who created something that I thought was amazing a.k.a Stan Lee, Matt Groening, Stephen Hillenburg(Spongebob's creator)

Now it's just Mr. Henson

Lucy

Reaction score
Oh, and Wes Craven! What? I liked Nightmare on Elm Street!!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Jim Henson, Dave Goelz, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Gilbert Godfried, Charles Schulz, Cheech Marin, Whoopi Goldberg, Steve Whitmire, Bill Baretta, Brian Henson, Richard Hunt, and all of my friends here at MC.

BEAR

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:
and all of my friends here at MC.

Hey, Prawnboy! You got some brown stuff on your nose! :wink:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Lucy said:
Oh, and Wes Craven! What? I liked Nightmare on Elm Street!!
Yes! Good movie, from what I saw. I have never seen the whole movie:smirk:

Teheheman

Reaction score
Let's see.....Dale Earnhardt, the MuzikMafia, hmmmmmm........I dunno if I really have any other ones.

Daniel