Who's your Role Model???

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I think that is one of the best descriptions of Jim's influence, and so I steal it now, and agree completely with it.
But would Jim do something like that...

Kinda like WWJD.....but in a blasphemous sort of way....

beaker

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
But would Jim do something like that...

Kinda like WWJD.....but in a blasphemous sort of way....
I don't find anything blasphemous with that. Way too many of the people who call themselves Christians...at least in America, are definately supporting and doing things the peace loving tolerant Jesus depicted by the apostles would be strongly against I believe.

Who are men, as in their legacy, like the earth form of Jesus, the late Jim Henson, MLK, Ghandi, or women like Mother Theresa, etc?

Call me blasphemous, but I put all these people in the same sentence because they all share one common thing: A legacy of world peace and tolerance. Something a LOT of people in America and worldwide need to learn about.

theprawncracker said:
Jim Henson, Dave Goelz, Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, Robin Williams, Bill Cosby, Gilbert Godfried, Charles Schulz, Cheech Marin, Whoopi Goldberg, Steve Whitmire, Bill Baretta, Brian Henson, Richard Hunt, and all of my friends here at MC.
I've hung out with Robin Williams, met Brian Henson/Bill Baretta/Steve Whitmire/Jerry Nelson/Dave Goelz, and met Richard Hunt's sister^__^;;

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
beaker said:
I don't find anything blasphemous with that. Way too many of the people who call themselves Christians...at least in America, are definately supporting and doing things the peace loving tolerant Jesus depicted by the apostles would be strongly against I believe.

Who are men, as in their legacy, like the earth form of Jesus, the late Jim Henson, MLK, Ghandi, or women like Mother Theresa, etc?

Call me blasphemous, but I put all these people in the same sentence because they all share one common thing: A legacy of world peace and tolerance. Something a LOT of people in America and worldwide need to learn about.
Nicely said. I actually meant to put up rolling eyes Pepe, but I don't know what happened to the little guy :O

theprawncracker

Reaction score
beaker said:
I've hung out with Robin Williams, met Brian Henson/Bill Baretta/Steve Whitmire/Jerry Nelson/Dave Goelz, and met Richard Hunt's sister^__^;;
*mouth falls open* No way. *collapses*

unclematt

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Hey, Prawnboy! You got some brown stuff on your nose! :wink:
The prawncracker can suck up as much as he wants.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
beaker said:
AMEN!

beaker said:
I've..., met Brian Henson/Bill Baretta/Steve Whitmire/Jerry Nelson/Dave Goelz, and met Richard Hunt's sister^__^;;
... I hate having missed MuppetFest.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I'd say my role nodel is my aunt. ( I visted her and her husnd this summer in Missouri.)She always says things to make me laugh or smile. Of course she has her serious side too,but don't we all?
I'm her first niece (as well as first godchild) So ,I'm pretty sure I have preforential treatment with her.
Her name's Kathy too.:smile:

beaker

Reaction score
theprawncracker said:

*mouth falls open* No way. *collapses*​

Well the having met most the Muppeteers was of course because of Muppetfest, tho I got to meet Carrol Spinney and Oscar the Grouch at a book signing.
Robin Williams: I snuck past big security guards and ran like heck...Robin was already making jokes to me and engaging me by the time they finally caught me, and decided they'd look dumb if they threw me out.​

Beakerfan

Reaction score
That's really cool! The only really famous person I've ever met was Charles Schulz.