Why aren't Oscar and Telly ever on anymore?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised they haven't had Kevin redub Elmo at the end of the FTB . . . not that it was really necessary, but I can imagine if some kids today really pay attention to it, they would wonder why in the world Elmo doesn't sound like Elmo (or why Elmo's barely in the movie at all, lol).

BEAR 2

Reaction score
I'm somewhat surprised they haven't had Kevin redub Elmo at the end of the FTB . . . not that it was really necessary, but I can imagine if some kids today really pay attention to it, they would wonder why in the world Elmo doesn't sound like Elmo (or why Elmo's barely in the movie at all, lol).
I’ll have to go back and check that scene, but I don’t recall Elmo having any lines.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
You can vaguely hear some lines from Elmo, however it’s really soft.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Basically, he just says, "Nonononononononono!" But it's definitely Richard Hunt's voice.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Yeah, I didn’t realize Elmo spoke in that scene until somebody brought it up on the forum (and that Richard Hunt performed him). Several characters are talking, and he’s shaking his head in a way that makes it look like he’s not talking.

Sometime recently, somebody on Facebook said they couldn’t tell if it was Richard (and I kinda feel it’s a little lower than his Elmo voice, now that we’ve seen more of it), but that could be from the crowd of characters talking over him (not to mention it was taped before season 16). I hadn’t thought of the possibility of “AM Elmo” being used in a street scene, though he does have the basic speech patterns that Brian Meehl gave him (repeating the same word over and over and kind of fast, I think Richard Hunt did that a little while also giving him more speech).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Richard and Kevin both initially carried that tic of Elmo repeating the same word multiple times after taking over from Brian, but you're right in that they both gave Elmo more capability to speak in full sentences (somewhat); Richard kind of kept it simple and primitive like a toddler just learning how to speak, but Kevin gradually expanded Elmo's vocabulary.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Back to the original purpose of this thread, I’d like to point out that Telly made his first new appearance this season at the end of today’s new episode.

C to the J

Reaction score
Oscar is still on, but ever since Eric Jacobson took over the role (he does a splendid job performing him, BYW), he appears as shaggy as, say, Snuffy. That’s the only thing I find off-putting. Whose idea do you suppose it was to make him look like that?

Come to think of it, is there a reason certain Muppets performed by Eric have slightly drastic changes? You got Fozzie Bear’s face, Sam the Eagle’s brows, and Grover’s excessive hair and slanted eyes, to mention a few.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
More so after Marty took over, and same with Snuffy as well. Prior to that, Brian's Telly was a lot whinier and more of a wet blanket, and Jerry's Snuffy was very much like a giant shaggy Eeyore . . . I mean, I definitely can't imagine Brian's Telly doing a bit like "Telly Tut" and certainly not Jerry's Snuffy doing "Bubble on my Snuffle."
Or Spike Lee trying to "direct" Jerry's Snuffy one how to act sad. Could you imagine that?

Eric Jacobson took over the role (he does a splendid job performing him, BYW), he appears as shaggy as, say, Snuffy.
Zoinks!

Last edited: