Why is Gonzo infatuated with chickens?

enigma06

Reaction score
...just out of curiosity....does anyone know why gonzo has always been so infatuated with chickens?

Drtooth

Reaction score
...just out of curiosity....does anyone know why gonzo has always been so infatuated with chickens?
Ad lib on the part of David Golez. Originally, he had a thing for Piggy (which they carried over into Muppet Babies). Then, of course, came the episode where Gonzo was auditioning tap dancing chickens, and he turns to the camera and says, "Not what we're looking for... but nice legs, though" or something to that effect.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Many times they said he might be a type of bird so it is really not that weird :smile:

Ignorance

Reaction score
The froggy protagonist has a thing for the pig.
Hey, a whatever and a chicken isn't /that/ strange.

AnimatedC9000

Reaction score
Jim thought Dave's ad lib was hilarious.

Actually, Jim found chickens hilarious. ... didn't he?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yup he did say that before, hehe. In the Labyrinth documentary he was shown auditioning chickens which apparently didn't make the cut. "That chicken's not gonna be a star!" Lol

Beauregard

Reaction score
Jim thought Dave's ad lib was hilarious.

Chickens *are* hilarious! That is why modern Pirates have chickens instead of parrots as their sidekicks/accomplices.

Bea:zany:{Although don't tell that to the oil tankers...}regard

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
All chickens look alike to me. Does that make me an anti-poultrist (word I made up for another term that likely exists)? :embarrassed:

When I was a little boy my parents took me to a farm and a chicken pecked the twinkie I was eating right out of my hand! Evil chickens I tell ya!

However I find Gonzos are unique.