Why is Gonzo infatuated with chickens?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
When I was a little boy my parents took me to a farm and a chicken pecked the twinkie I was eating right out of my hand! Evil chickens I tell ya!
A chicken bit my finger when I was a kid, lol. Those birds are not always nice!

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
Chickens have seemingly always been a pretty big part in the background of the Muppets, even before Gonzo's infatuation began.

Plus, as already stated, Jim Henson thought chickens were hilarious, so it doesn't come as a big surprise that one of the major characters loved them as well.

Xerus

Reaction score
Back then, Gonzo couldn't find a girl that was his species. So he ended up with Camilla.

And it's a good thing Gonzo didn't return to his home planet otherwise Camilla would be heartbroken.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Chickens *are* hilarious! That is why modern Pirates have chickens instead of parrots as their sidekicks/accomplices.

Bea:zany:{Although don't tell that to the oil tankers...}regard
Chickens are hilarious... they are one of the funniest animals out there. The 2 funniest costumes a person can wear are a gorilla suit and a Chicken suit. If you look at it, the top funny animals have always been chickens and monkeys.

Of course, the Muppets didn't take to monkeys like they took to chickens. and as for penguins, we've had penguins in the muppet show LONG before it was cool.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Chickens are hilarious... they are one of the funniest animals out there. The 2 funniest costumes a person can wear are a gorilla suit and a Chicken suit. If you look at it, the top funny animals have always been chickens and monkeys.

Of course, the Muppets didn't take to monkeys like they took to chickens. and as for penguins, we've had penguins in the muppet show LONG before it was cool.
...don't get me started on Happy Feet 2!

It's funny how many people commented about Gonzo's "freaky thing for chickens" when I had the poser displayed in the store. It's something that everyone seems to know. I like that. :smile:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Speaking of chickens = muppety comic gold, anyone else ever notice how often Baby Bear has run-ins with chickens? Several years back i noticed there were a few episodes where Baby Bear somehow interacts with a chicken (usually in a state of bewildered incredulousness ... "a CHICKEN?") - it got to the point where i was wondering if this was an intentional running gag on the writers' part or if it was one of those subconcious things that kept making its way in...someone somewhere just loved to hear David Rudman's foul fowls. Eventually this went to the back of my mind until recently this past month when i got around to transcribing some SS' from the last few years from vhs to dvd and noticed some more recent Baby Bear/chicken scenes!

The Lover

Reaction score
I dunno. Gonzo's always been a bit weird. Perhaps his species is related to birds...?

Wickerness

Reaction score
Well remember the 3rd season episode of the Muppet Show where almost everyone came down with Cluckitis and turned into chickens? Gonzo was practically in heaven. :zany:

Personally I always thought it was a great running gag.
Of course I think Gonzo also had a thing for a cow once. He just likes the females. :concern:

Pork

Reaction score
Bahahahahhahaha!

Chickens!