Why isn't Lips always a part of the Electric Mayhem?

Dantecat

Reaction score
You Know Lips? The Trumpet Player With The Orange Hair That Has A Really Tiny Beard On His Chin And His Eyes Are Always Closed! Does Anybody Know Why He's Just Not Apart Of The Electric Mayhem :confused:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
well he was added late in the run of the muppet show, most ikley to give the band a more uniform look and feel, (replacing the what not female trumpet player)

i imagine they just didnt bother developing him because he was just sort of a member of the band(sort of like the cool background minstril fraggles that never really said anything)

i do believe he has had some lines here and there but since the muppet show ened its run shortly after he began appearing on the show he was never given the chance to develop a full personality

i sort of like him as a silent memeber of the band like floyd hes a little on the outside of all the regular muppet crazieness

Dantecat

Reaction score
Okay Thanks!

The Only Time I Heard His Voice On TMS Is When He Sang Let's Boogie In The Barnyard Which He Had One Of His Own Lyrics!

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
yeh, he is very good singer!
but the only tim I have actually heard him talk was when he said "and me!" at the end of the great muppet caper!

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh Yeah,I Also Remember That Too.Thanks For The Memories! :wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
ravagefrackle said:
well he was added late in the run of the muppet show, most ikley to give the band a more uniform look and feel, (replacing the what not female trumpet player)
I think another reason that he was added was to give Steve Whitmire a character who was in the band, since all the other main Muppateers had one.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Oh yeah and in the special:A Muppet Family Christmas,You hear lips' voice a couple of times saying:embarrassed:of,ooo,ahhh! when doc opens the door about that really really really big snowstorm.When you see doc opening the door,He accidentally hits lips when doc says:Sorry to break your fun in here but have you folks seen the weather? There's a really big snow storm out there!

Anybody remember that part if you seen this special before? :smile:

Uncle deadly

Reaction score
I know the part, but lips doesnt make any noise.
he just gets smooshed!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Anybody got a comprehensive list of Lips' appearances on TMS and films?

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Dantecat said:
Does Anybody Know Why He's Just Not Apart Of The Electric Mayhem?
The simple answer is because songs with trumpet parts are not as common anymore, so he's not needed. Since he was not that developed he was easy to drop.