Why isn't Lips always a part of the Electric Mayhem?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Anybody got a comprehensive list of Lips' appearances on TMS and films?
For the movies, I know he was in The Great Muppet Caper, Muppets Take Manhattan, The Muppet Christmas Carol, and Muppet Family Christmas.

I don't know about what episodes he appeard in.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ryan, just noticed, you still stuck in 3004? I'm back, and have no memories. Do your remember how I got back? Anything? All I have are the posts left here.

Oh, sorry.

Back on topic, Yeah, it's a shame he was dropped, but you're right. We don't get many trupet solos and he was only ever there to play that. Still I don't see why it had to be some stupid guy (Ugene?) with a tuba in VMC. It could have been Lips and hit trumpet that was squashed by Piggy. Still, they love to leave out the character's we are dying to hear from.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
Anybody got a comprehensive list of Lips' appearances on TMS and films?
My hero, Gorgon Heap, wrote me this in PM:

Re: COMPREHENSIVE LIPS LIST

---------------------

Well, there's only one season of TMS he was in, so that shortens the task. This'll have to be off the top of my head:

#100 Shirley Bassey: opening #, "Boogie in the Barnyard"; UK Spot "After You've Gone" (orchestra pit #)
#101 James Coburn: played in the band in the "Roaring 20s" sketch
#106 Jean-Pierre Rampal: opening # "Rockin' Robin"
#108 Melissa Manchester: appears in Melissa's 2nd number, "Whenever I Call You Friend"
#109 Tony Randall: plays in Tony's musical #, "Tippy Tippy Tin"
#110 Mac Davis: closing #, "I Believe in Music" (in pit)
#113 Hal Linden: plays in closing #, "When the Saints go Marching in"
#116 Wally Boag: plays "Swanee River" in Wally's bagpipe act (in pit)
#120 Roger Moore: UK Spot "How High the Moon" (orchestra pit #)

I think that's all. Man, this was tough- I'm so used to thinking of the episodes in taping order that I've forgotten the actual episode numbers!

Dave
THANK YOU O GREAT GURU OF MUPPET KNOWLEDGE!!

You ROCK! :smile:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Ryan, just noticed, you still stuck in 3004? I'm back, and have no memories. Do your remember how I got back? Anything? All I have are the posts left here.
Yeah, for some reason, it didn't go to 3005. It just stayed at 3004. I'm trying to get back to 2005 though.

ryan

Beauregard

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Yeah, for some reason, it didn't go to 3005. It just stayed at 3004. I'm trying to get back to 2005 though.

ryan
Oh, man. YOu poor thing. I know how you feel.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
If you think about it Clifford was suppost to be part of the band as well. They never mention that anymore.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Lips was sorta... just there. He had a few lines, the ones mentioned, but he also said a few taunting/flirty lines when the Happyness Hotel car.
"DING DING!"
"HEY LET'S HIT THE ROAD!"