Why isn't the Muppet Show on TV?

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Chilly Down

In case you don't know already, Time-Life is selling 15 TMS videos and DVDs through their website. 45 episodes are available (3 per tape or disc). 2 of those DVDs are now available in stores across the country from Columbia-TriStar, and 2 more are coming in March. It's not quite the same as having them on TV, but if you need a TMS fix, that's the way to go (especially since these episodes are completely uncut).
Yeah, but the show should be on for people who wouldn't buy the DVD's or can't afford them.

Like the Fat Albert DVD's! That's the only place I saw them period. I miss that show. I mean, Little Bill is great for litle kids, but it doesn't have the classic wit of the original "You're like a school in summer time... no class!"

But at least the Muppet Show, Muppet Movies, and Sesame Street stuff are still available on video. Fraggle Rock is no where to befound (unless you want to track them down, and even still they're pretty old) and they never even released Muppets Tonight!

froganus

Reaction score
Originally posted by hellisen
I'm amazed that the old Muppet Show episodes aren't on one of the 500 or so channels available? What's the reason? They're so awesome I have to believe they'd be very popular. I realize this is probably a silly newbie question in a forum like this, but hey, someone here must have a good answer.
Because puppets on TV are ancient history, man. Not even kids want to watch them anymore.

sugarbritchez

Reaction score
Do you think we could email on of the many stations to see if we could request it be put on the air....maybe with a few hundred folks requesting it....it might do some good....what do you think?

Also since HBO originally aired Fraggle Rock (so as I remember but could be wrong)....and they have an HBO Family channel...wouldn't that be a perfect start?

electricmayhem

Reaction score
Re: Re: Why isn't the Muppet Show on TV?

Originally posted by froganus
Because puppets on TV are ancient history, man. Not even kids want to watch them anymore.
I can think of quite a few people who would disagree with you

Super Scooter

Reaction score
As do I. And it is possible to create a new fan base, even if there aren't.

The Muppets have all us devoted old fans, not to mention the fact that IAVMMCM got 11 million viewers! Sure, it's no Friends figure, but it's pretty good.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Scooter, mayheim... don't listen to that blowhard. Remember the guy everyone on the board hated and wanted to be banned? That's him. Ignore his posts, and inner peace will follow.

He's just a biproduct of too many Reality shows/ ABC Tuesday night sitcoms, and Disney re-education centers.

beaker

Reaction score
Re: Re: Why isn't the Muppet Show on TV?

Originally posted by froganus
Well yeah, when its abomination crap like Greg the Bunny or Crank Yankers.