why were there three gordons?

BEAR

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
Yes, he played an abusive pimp named Tyrone. It was strange that he was playing a part like that and Gordon at the same time. And it's true, outright villains like his character don't last very long on soaps; they're either killed or arrested. I think he made the right choice.

Yeah, he made the right choice! If you ask me, since he is now playing Gordon, I think that as long as the show keeps going, Roscoe Orman is always guaranteed work. I say this because they would never just get rid of the character (that would be weird), and after all this time they are not likely to recast the role cuz Roscoe is just so perfect in that spot.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
In a way, it's sort of funny that he was on both shows at the same time. That's hard to imagine.....

"Hello foxy lady, wanna take your clothes off so we can get it on..... Hi, kids. Welcome to 'Sesame Street.'"

Seriously though, you gotta admire the guy. He just turned 61 and he's still one of the main adults on the show and still has sort of a "hosting" position in a way with the voice over production work and Trash Gordon and stuff like that.

Censored

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
In a way, it's sort of funny that he was on both shows at the same time. That's hard to imagine.....

"Hello foxy lady, wanna take your clothes off so we can get it on..... Hi, kids. Welcome to 'Sesame Street.'"
Especially if you were a child and saw him on both of them. I'd see him on the soap opera as the adults were watching it and I just couldn't believe he was a bad guy.

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:

Seriously though, you gotta admire the guy. He just turned 61 and he's still one of the main adults on the show and still has sort of a "hosting" position in a way with the voice over production work and Trash Gordon and stuff like that.
He may be 61, but he sure doesn't seem like it. He ages well. Bob on the other hand, though he is still kickin', really shows his age (70s). I also couldn't believe Sonia Manzano is already in her 50s! She still looks great, but I watch Follow That Bird and think "Look how young you were." Not to mention Christmas Eve on SS, she was like a baby. Our Sonia is growing up... :cry:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I see what your saying. Sonia does look quite different now than she did when I watched the show as a kid. Still I think she looks good. Bob doesn't look too bad, he's just getting kind of gray. In response to what you said about Roscoe Orman. I think his baldness has to do with why he doesn't show his age. He can't really grow gray hairs since he doesn't really have hair on his head. Just a thought.

Especially if you were a child and saw him on both of them. I'd see him on the soap opera as the adults were watching it and I just couldn't believe he was a bad guy.
Just thought I'd comment on this. I see what you mean. I saw John Stamos as some kind of abusive husband on a movie once. That was freaky since I always remembered him as Uncle Jesse on "Full House."

BEAR

Reaction score
Daffyfan2003 said:
I see what your saying. Sonia does look quite different now than she did when I watched the show as a kid. Still I think she looks good. Bob doesn't look too bad, he's just getting kind of gray. In response to what you said about Roscoe Orman. I think his baldness has to do with why he doesn't show his age. He can't really grow gray hairs since he doesn't really have hair on his head. Just a thought.

Just thought I'd comment on this. I see what you mean. I saw John Stamos as some kind of abusive husband on a movie once. That was freaky since I always remembered him as Uncle Jesse on "Full House."

Right, but there is a lot more to growing old than grey hairs, and Bob is certainly showing it.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
how do you know he can't grpw hair? maybe he shaves his head.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. I'm sure he can grow hair. I must have phrased that wrong. Sorry about that. You're probably right that he shaves his head, considering he was much younger when he first came on the show.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Time has certainly been kind to most of them. I met Susan (Loretta Long) back in 1998, and except for gaining a few pounds and changing her hairstyle,
looks almost EXACTLY as she did in 1969.

Growing up, it was easy to see most of the cast members as adults in their 30's. The one major exception being Mr. Hooper (Will Lee). You just knew he was an old man. Now the cast members are getting to be the same age Hooper was, but it's still hard to perceive them as OLD.

And us kids growing up in the late 60's/early 70's, we're the same age now as most of the cast members were back then. I just turned 37 myself, but I don't feel old. Watching the Unpaved episodes now, I still feel like the 5-year-old I was back then.

As we all (cast members and audience alike) get physically older, that spirit, that childlike innocence, that sense of wonder, that imagination, none of that has to get older. That doesn't have to die as we grow up.
Perhaps because we were exposed to Sesame Street at the right age in our lives, part of us can stay young forever. Pretty neat deal, huh? :smile:

BEAR

Reaction score
Yeah, they are older, but they look happy and healthy. They sure do act as young as they can though. Did you see Loretta Long in the interviews on Sesame Street's A & E Biography? She was singing and clapping and being all spunky. Its so fun to watch them get older as we do as well. I mean, seeing Bob and Susan still there after 35 years or so. We grew up with these people. We know them like our own family. I turn on the tv and see Susan and I feel like I am spending the day with my grandma. It's comforting.