1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Why You Need To Go To Hot Topic NOW

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by beaker, Jun 16, 2003.

1. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Yeah yeah "those employees scare me", "I dont know, whats with all the freaks". blah blah.

Bottom line, get your muppet lovin tush over to Hot Topic ASAP.
    I can think of no other place better for JHC fans than here. They just got in a bunch of new Sesame stuff(and no, not baby stuff like at Toys R US) and a tonnnn of Muppet Show stuff...like the bigger Beaker plush and other stuff. This seems to be the only place where ya can find Nanco plushes of course. But yeah, everything from shoelaces, socks and stickers to all sorts of other Muppet *and* Sesame goodies, as well as the occational Fraggle Rock and DC/Labyrinth thing.
    Heck, they even have a bunch of new Muppet pins in, Pepe! And th ehsirts, oh my...Ive gotten several Beaker, Electric Mayhem, and other shirts there.

funniest thing, a Kermit gift card that says "this palce scares me" lol
  2. trekkie1701E

trekkie1701E New Member

Yeah ... what is it with all those pierced and tatooed employees? I always find it kinda odd, but oh well...

Anyway, thanks for the update!
  3. Gonzo

Gonzo Active Member

...it's been a while since I've been there...I should really do a driveby.

WAS hoping someone would get the hint for my birthday or father's day, but Miles is too little, and Melissa wanted me to get a grill.

:smirk:

THAT'S what that Gobo face is for!

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn
  4. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Maybe they dress that way because it's a store uniform.
  5. Patty

Patty New Member

Gee ... what's un-muppety about Hot Topic and the way the employees dress?

Muppets are punk rock. Remember: "He's a rebel L ... he goes "La La La" from Sesame Street?

And Animal ... he wears a studded punk-rock collar! Heck, I'm sure the Electric Mayhem would respect non-conformity.
  6. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

Why do people think I want to start an argument?
  7. Lu775

Lu775 Member

You need to use more smileys in you posts. :p
    But that's not really your style, is it?

Back to the topic, hottopic that is, I just saw the coolest John Cusak t-shirt at hottopic.com. oooooooo, John Cusak.
  8. electricmayhem

electricmayhem New Member

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!! :D :excited:

wait...I'm there right now and I can't find it.... :(
  9. Lu775

Lu775 Member

10. electricmayhem

:excited: Oh my goodness!! Thank you!!! That is one of the best shirts I have ever seen!!!!!!!!! :flirt:
  11. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

:zany: :zany: :zany: :zany:
  12. Patty

Patty New Member

Actually Harry, I didn't think you were trying to start a fight. My post was as much to you as it was the Trekkie. It was just a general reminder: Muppets are punk rock.

And so is Pac Man, evidentially, because at Hot Topic I saw the most incredible pair of bright blue Pac Man wrist "sweat bands" from my worst 80's nightmares. I loved them ... I'm making a friend buy them for me so I can whip them out at my wedding reception. "Something old; something new; something borrowed; something blue."

The only problem I have with Hot Topic is the fact there are no good ones near me. And the website doesn't carry half the fun gear the stores do.
  13. Lu775

Lu775 Member

I thought it was pretty cool too. But ya know what, they say it's a picture of him from 16 Candles, but I don't think it is. (Regardless, I'm very glad that they're offering that shirt though!)
    I wish there were Hot Topic stores in Toronto!
  14. electricmayhem

It is a picture from 16 Candles, I recognize it. And I hope they have ti at the store near me too because I hate buying things when I'm not able to try them on.
  15. electricmayhem

I was at Hot Topic this afternoon and as I stood deciding between the John Cusak shirt and a Fraggle Rock one I had not seen their before, I saw a black tank top with the worm guy(name?...I don't think I've ever know it if he has one) from Labyrinth and the caption "I said 'ello" . Anyway, I was very pleased with the find as it was the only one I could find anywhere in the store and I'd never seen it there before or on the website. Another new thing I found was a Statler and Waldorf patch that was very cool as well :boo: :sleep: :)
  16. sarah_yzma

sarah_yzma Active Member

I don't think Oklahoma has many off topics...maybe I'll order some pins online

Sarah

I just love the Idiot pin......I have gotten into button pins lately....it all started with that I like Ike pin.....and some high socks....fun to wear with capris!
  17. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

We need Hot Topic here in Australia, Wish We did! We have no good shops like that, Electronics Boutique is the only store round here that stocks muppet stuff apart from the DVD stores that stock the 3 measly muppet DVDS available here!

:)
  18. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Hey, is there any merch from that Muppet anime kingdom show "Bamba'something, that stars Joe the Armadillo from Kermit Swamp Years?(See folks, I keep up on my international Muppet news)
  19. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

To beaker et al... If you plan to travel to New England or Live in the New England area, you really should try Newburry Comics.... they have boat loads of Muppet stuff, along with Simpsons, 80's style toys, a whole bunch of Cd's new and used, and even a few Japanese toys... you know from Japan....Even Japanese Transformers stuff...
  20. Muppetsdownunder

Muppetsdownunder New Member

I think you are talking about "Bambaloo" I never realised it was Henson production til a few months ago. I dont think there is any merchandise available at all yet, I could be wrong. I dont think the show even went that well and im not sure if it is still even on, im not usually home at that time so cant be sure but I did look in the tv guide and cant find it there.

from,
    Paul
    :)