Why You Need To Go To Hot Topic NOW

electricmayhem

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
I don't think Oklahoma has many off topics...maybe I'll order some pins online

Sarah

I just love the Idiot pin......I have gotten into button pins lately....it all started with that I like Ike pin.....and some high socks....fun to wear with capris!

Everytime I go I spend most of my time looking through the pin bins! It takes so long and I always feel like I'm missing them. It would be so much easier to dump them out all over the floor so I could see them all! :smile:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
Everytime I go I spend most of my time looking through the pin bins! It takes so long and I always feel like I'm missing them. It would be so much easier to dump them out all over the floor so I could see them all! :smile:
The same thing happens to me when I go hunting for muppet stuff. Expecially when I look through records or cds, I have to get into some strange positions to do so sometimes. I cant just say, I wont bother looking at those ones because they are hard to reach, I have to look no matter what, I have to make sure there is nothing good, and there never usually is anything good, The only way to find that out is to look!

from,
Paul

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
My Trip to Hot Topic

We went to a mall in Oklahoma City today. Last night I carefully planned out which two malls had a Hot Topic in them, and started working on my parents! Luckily, my mother's favorite mall has a Hot Topic so we were ok! We got there around 11:00, so we ate lunch...I had a pepperoni calzone...yuuummm....but I hurried through my food to get onto business! After scarfing down a half of a calzone (my brother and I split one) I waited for my brother to finish......and waited...and waited......FINALLY! Mom and Dad still weren't done, so we turned on our two-way radios, and set off (yes, we're geeks, I know) we found a mall directory and figured out where Hot Topic was (upstairs...YAY! we get to ride the escalators) we got there and I was pleasantly surprised to see that out of to employees, only one was a little odd looking....luckily, she was stocking, so as long as I stayed out of the way, I was fine. So I looked around and found out the better stuff was in the back. I looked and saw the kermit socks ($7) and found the FR shirt on sale (around $9, but all smalls....) I was looking around for my main reason...BUTTONS! Finally an employee told me where the pin things where....and they we two little cookie jars!!!! I was a little shocked that they would make it this hard, but I took on the task. I had three pins I wanted to find and found two quickly, but the third was proving to be a challenge. I took one cookie jar, while my little brother took the other....after spreading out most of the pins on the counter (which I know both the employees loved) we found it!!! by that time mom and dad came in, so I put all the misplaced pins back in their cookie jar, and realized I was lucky I suffered no puncture wounds. I went back, got the socks, and checked out. 5 pins and the socks were 15 something...not bad...not great either, but not bad.

warning about the socks! I put them on soon after I got them (much to my parents dismay, I have a major foot odor problem!) and realized when I pulled them all the way up...KERMIT WAS DISTORTED! I pulled them down to my ankles, and all was well...what a scare!

so all in all...I enjoyed it!

Gonzo

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
warning about the socks! I put them on soon after I got them (much to my parents dismay, I have a major foot odor problem!) and realized when I pulled them all the way up...KERMIT WAS DISTORTED! I pulled them down to my ankles, and all was well...what a scare!

You.

Are.

Bizacko.

:attitude:

:wink:

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

beaker

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
by that time mom and dad came in, so I put all the misplaced pins back in their cookie jar, and realized I was lucky I suffered no puncture wounds. I went back, got the socks, and checked out. 5 pins and the socks were 15 something...not bad...not great either, but not bad.
Congradulations on your discovery of the wonderous delight that is Hot Topic! Ive been going for 5 and a half years and still manage to go there a couple times a week.

The Sesame Street merch is really coming in to my local one, and now they have *another* Hot Topic store in the same mall called "Torid" which also has the TMS/SS/FR shirts.

One of the coolest things about Hot Topic is how they are single handedly raising their fist in the air and saying "the 80's freaking rules...and we arent afraid to say it". I was agasp at all the cool Nintendo, new Sesame shirts, and other cool stuff.
Being a *huge* Muppet/Sesame, Invader Zim, eclectic clothing, and
80's fan, this is definately my favorite store of all time^_^

So yes, strip away your preconcieved notions and head to your local Hot Topic! Also, chyeck out the cool new Muppet section at your local Suncoast(which should be located near the Hot Topic)
Felt Foam and Fleece victory shall be ours!
*muppet pride world wide*

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
We went to a mall in Oklahoma City today.
so all in all...I enjoyed it!
Sarah,
Im glad you enjoyed your trip to the mall, you have acess to more muppet stuff than us, lol. You must live further away from shops than I thought if you enjoy going on escalators, those things are annoying, lol. They are so slow especially when people dont even walk on them, they go soo fast when you walk aswell. lol.

Hope you got some nice things anyway! did you see any palisades muppets or anything like that?

from,
Paul :smile:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
Can you tell I'm a country girl?

It was hard to resist the urge to go up and down the escalator.....

and I get to go to the mall again on August 6th!!! wheeeee my Weird Al concert is in the city, and we plan to spend the day up there.....so my muppet loving tush will have more time....but I can't spend anymore money...if I do, I won't be able to invest in Weird Al merchandise....and I want an Off Kilter shirt too.....

decisions decisions......

no didn't see any Paliside's figures, of course I had to go clothes shopipng....I got two prom dresses...that makes three.....but mom doesn't seem to realize if I go to prom next year...I can only wear one

electricmayhem

Reaction score
sarah_yzma said:
....but I can't spend anymore money...
It's so hard for me to go to Hot Topic and resist buying something! My mom has had to stop sending me in there alone because I take WAY to long looking around :big_grin:

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
electricmayhem said:
It's so hard for me to go to Hot Topic and resist buying something! My mom has had to stop sending me in there alone because I take WAY to long looking around :big_grin:
I know what you mean, we dont have hot topic but we do have electronics boutique which sell the palisades muppet figures and I go to markets and 2nd hand shops looking for muppet stuff, I cant control myself, lol.

I buy things without thinking, I am so happy to find something on a market that I forget about the price, I bought an old fisher price kermit for $5AU without thinking then after, I thought I could have got it cheaper but due to excitement, I didnt. lol

:smile: