Wild Thornberries DVD (interesting development)

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I also have a random question: Has Shout released a Danny Phantom DVD? Because I've never seen one at any store, but it's on the card that came with the first season of Rocko's Modern Life.

Indeed they have! They've released the first two seasons. Season one is complete in one set and season two is in two parts. I own all three.

Season one is EXCELLENT. No bonus features sadly, but all the episodes are there in the right order.

Season two failed horribly with quality control. Across the two sets, all episodes are there, but set two repeats some episodes on set one, and set one has the wrong episodes listed on the insert and they are not in order :/

But being a huge DP fan I can't really complain too much since they are on dvd at least. I'm not sure about season 3. Also it seems like part 1 of season 2 is out of print or something because Amazon never has it in stock. You have to buy it from private dealers :/

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Sgt Floyd said:
But being a huge DP fan I can't really complain too much since they are on dvd at least. I'm not sure about season 3. Also it seems like part 1 of season 2 is out of print or something because Amazon never has it in stock. You have to buy it from private dealers :/
This article from 2009 says Season 3 would be available for shipping on June 6th (most likely 6/9/09), but I'm not sure if that happened. The disc is currently unavailable on Amazon, and the Wikipedia page says it'll be released sometime this year.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This article from 2009 says Season 3 would be available for shipping on June 6th (most likely 6/9/09), but I'm not sure if that happened. The disc is currently unavailable on Amazon, and the Wikipedia page says it'll be released sometime this year.
That's because that's the MOD version, or basically, you order it and Amazon burns the episodes to a disk for you, and that's unavailable. Shout actually released a retail set of Seasons 1 and 2, as mentioned above. I think Wikipedia is referring to a Shout release, but who knows if that's actually gonna happen.

Shout Season 1
Shout Season 2 Part 1 (which strangely enough, is in stock. I swear last year when I was stalking it, it was NEVER in stock :smirk:)
Shout Season 2 Part 2

Drtooth

Reaction score
Danny Phantom would benefit from a complete series release. If anything else, it gives Shout the opportunity to correct what went wrong with season 2, and to keep it in stock.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Hey Sarge... I got some news for you..

Danny Phantom the Complete Series

Don't know if you'll be happy or annoyed that they're skipping over a single release of season 3, and no word on if they corrected any of the mistakes on the second season disks, but... well... at least they finished it off.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
IF they fixed all the issues season 2 had, I might buy it. It's not terribly expensive.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm absolutely shocked with how cheap these complete series sets are. I mean, they're almost 10 bucks less than buying a single season/part season. And that's MSRP. Stores rarely charge MSRP. I'm definitely looking into getting the Angry Beavers set, and if they do a CatDog one. Might as well pick this up. Hopefully they did fix those season 2 problems.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Hey Cartoon Network, how 'bout instead of wasting so much time and effort putting ADVENTURE TIME on DVD AND Bluray when you still play the show like 1,800 times a day, you pick up where you left us hanging on these other season releases, such as ED, EDD N EDDY, COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, and such?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Hey Cartoon Network, how 'bout instead of wasting so much time and effort putting ADVENTURE TIME on DVD AND Bluray when you still play the show like 1,800 times a day, you pick up where you left us hanging on these other season releases, such as ED, EDD N EDDY, COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG, and such?
Don't forget about releasing shows like Billy and Mandy Cow and Chicken etc

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm pretty peeved how all four seasons of C&C are available in Australia and New Zeland, but not here (same with Courage).