Will a Fraggle movie lead to Fraggle merchandise?

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
This would probably be the only thing that will get me into a Burger King or McDonalds!:excited:

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
For me, the great news about the movie is that it increases the likelihood that the remaining 48 Fraggle Rock episodes will be released on DVD since no doubt HIT would want to take advantage of the new Fraggle movie and promote as many Fraggle DVD's as possible.
I feel exactly the same way. While I'm hoping the movie will be a huge success, the main reason I'm anticipating the film is that it will hopefully lead to (and/or support) the release of the remaining three seasons on DVD.

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
I am quite sure that the way it works there are only FOUR Seasons of Fraggle Rock. Which means that at this point in time there are only two more that need releasing.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Warrick said:
I am quite sure that the way it works there are only FOUR Seasons of Fraggle Rock. Which means that at this point in time there are only two more that need releasing.
Well, ok. Either way the release of the remaining episodes is what I'm looking forward to.

Jaga828

Reaction score

Foodie

Reaction score
Phillip Chapman said:
If the movie indeed makes it to theaters as planned, then yes there will be some merchandise. As far as what will be made only time will tell. If celebrities do some of the songs as has been rumored then a soundtrack album seems very likely.

Whereas if the movie is just direct-to-DVD (like Kermit's Swamp Years) then the merchandise will be much more limited. The main merchandise made for Kermit's Swamp Years were some posters, fast-food toys and the DVD.

For me, the great news about the movie is that it increases the likelihood that the remaining 48 Fraggle Rock episodes will be released on DVD since no doubt HIT would want to take advantage of the new Fraggle movie and promote as many Fraggle DVD's as possible.
Amen to that! :smirk:

Nick

melissa@muppet

Reaction score
I hope they release it in australia the same time the states get it. i would go mad shopping for fraggle rock merchandise hope us aussies get that too.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Jaga828 said:
I was at my local Target store and came across Red. The box was pretty beat up, but they have her and a few others on their website.

target.com

Toys R Us also has some as well.

Here's a link to Toys R Us:

http://www.toysrus.com/search/index...e&origkw=Fraggle&f=Taxonomy/TRUS/2254197&sr=1

and here's the link to target:

http://www.target.com/gp/search.htm...28642?field-keywords=Fraggle&url=index=target

Hope this isn't old news.

-Chris

Sorry Chris... but it is old news. They were released in 2006... and planning on releasing the other 3 (Boober, Mokey, Unle Matt) around Spring.

Or so they say. We all know what happens when we believe what they say, right?

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
If this movie does get shown in cinemas, I do hope the tv series re-airs again. I have noticed these days when movies based on tv shows and cartoons, they get shown on TV again and DVDs get re-released with new artwork matching the movie posters to boost sales. I really do hope this Fraggle movie does well.

Morgan Clueless

Reaction score
The chances of merchandise appearing in stores and fast-food places at the release of the movie are very, very high--or at least high enough to keep the obsessed Fraggle fan inside us anticipated for the time it comes. Most likely the first place it'll hit is Burger King or McDonald's; then maybe Toys 'R Us stores, Kay-Bee Toys, or any video store that sells miscelleneous items of the sort. As for TV series--new or the resurrected classic, it's about 50-50, depending on which channel is capable of attracting all ages.

And that's Morgan C's "rough justice probability".

~ Morgan "Just Guessed" Goat