1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Will Disney ever focus on Bear in the Big Blue House again?

Discussion in 'Bear in the Big Blue House' started by ToonGeek, Dec 2, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

This is going to be a long time until Bear comes back on television. :sigh:

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

I just found out that's it is not coming back.

3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

BITBBH plays regularly on Disney Junior in Canada. Just thought I'd mention it.

4. FrackleFan2012

We already knew in the United States. :(

5. KirbTreelo05

KirbTreelo05 Active Member

That's not fair... :C

6. MikaelaMuppet

Is it a French Canadian dub?

7. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

Is that even a thing? Not all canadians speak french

8. MikaelaMuppet

Does Bear and the Big Blue House still air in other countries?

9. FrackleFan2012

10. MikaelaMuppet

Why can't it air in the US again?

11. FrackleFan2012

I don't know.

12. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

There's no specific reason. Disney for some reason chooses not to air it in the US. Maybe they just don't have room for it in the schedule, but Canada, which is usually behind in new TV shows (trust me. I'm Canadian) still have it on TV.
    It must've been more popular in Canada, just as Fraggle Rock was here. I don't know if you know this, but FR is a very famous part of Canada's TV history and CBC in particular.

backpackmina likes this.
  13. FrackleFan2012

Wow! That's very neat for Fraggle Rock having a famous part of Canada's TV history and CBC.

backpackmina likes this.
  14. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I spoke to noel mcneal and his reply was no

15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

On the plus side, at least Disney Jr. shows are no longer condescending, patronizing, and derivative. Glad to see the Dora tone of educational TV is very deservedly dying out.

mr3urious likes this.
  16. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

It's really a shame that we most likely won't see it again. About 2 years ago, Disney Jr. aired old shows (Jungle Cubs, Out of theBox, PB&J Otter, etc) during the late night block. This would've been an opportunity to air Bear again. Unfortunately, they don't run that format anymore...

17. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Preschool channels completely confuse me. I don't buy the need for preschool programming beyond 9 PM. Midnight feedings me all you want, I don't buy it. Kids that young could get the same benefit from a strobe light and a CD of cartoon sound effects. I get not everyone who has cable has on demand, but still... it's a lost opportunity for older shows getting a DVR treatment late night. Then there's Nick Jr. that goes to Nick Mom programming at a certain hour. That's...well...slightly better anyway. Even though the Nick Mom programming is usually absolute garbage. I mean, New Adventures of Old Christine?

Though I really think it's a shame Disney has no where to put older cartoon on any of their other channels late night like Teen Nick's 90's block. I mean, if there's one thing that makes even less sense than a 3Am rerun of Mickey's Clubhouse it's a 3Am rerun of Dog with a Blog when a good 25% of the day's programming is DWAB reruns.

backpackmina and Muppet fan 123 like this.
  18. Hitman

Hitman New Member

If this TV show (Bear in the big blue house) doesn't show up again, our hopes are then crushed. The nostalgia will be more and more powerful. It's bad news.

19. RogerPuppet11

RogerPuppet11 New Member

Hopefully, but probably not :cry:

20. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster New Member

I wouldn't be surprised if we got a reboot in the future.