Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

Kye

Reaction score
I think that my favorite movie of all time is "Willie Wonka and the Chocalate Factory" It was proof to my young brain, that imagination is more important then knowledge. Gene Wilders performance is one of the best I have ever seen. The kids, I feel were Perfectly cast, and as I kid, I wanted to be Willie Wonka more then Luke Skywalker. I was considered very weird for this! I still quote the film to this Day! I was wondering... was anyone else effected in a simular way to this incredible film?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I always wanted to learn the lyrics to the songs in that movie. I loved his Imagination song, and the one in the tunnel. It was a good movie, wasn't it?

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
those oompa loompa's crack me up whenever i see them sing and dance...

ryan

Luke

Reaction score
I actually know and have worked with one of those Oompa Loompa's - he was in Star Wars too and a Geri Halliwell pop video.

His name was Rusty Goffe - and i saved his life once when he over-bounced on a trampoline and i caught him !

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah i guess it is. Can you imagine my funeral ? It's gonna be interesting ...........

"He was a good guy, he once saved an Oompa Loompa from a trampolining related death ..... and now to honor his achievements on this solomn occasion please turn your hymn books to page 2341 and sing with me the classic theme -Oompa Loompa Boompity Boomp-"

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i can hear the song now: oompa loompa boompity boomp, luke is gone and it's a crying shame too. oompa loompa boompity boomp, let's all pray and honor luke too!

hey, not a bad little song i was doing..

ryan

Kye

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
I actually know and have worked with one of those Oompa Loompa's - he was in Star Wars too and a Geri Halliwell pop video.

His name was Rusty Goffe - and i saved his life once when he over-bounced on a trampoline and i caught him !
Luke, You are now one of my heros!:big_grin:

byl

Reaction score
That movie knocked me over. I was NOT a kid (born in 51), but it made a lasting impression. Whenever I watched any acter that took part in that movie in another role, my impression of the new character was colored by the memory of their part in Wonka. I have watched it often enough now that I spend more time watching my wife and kids react rather than watching the movie itself. The effects and technology are dated (and were not state-of-the-art when it was new) but the messages, humor, intelligence, and immagination are timeless. It will never be my favorite movie, but my video library will never be without it. It is early on my required viewing list.