1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Wizard World Texas Photos

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by ResidentLilly, Nov 23, 2003.

1. ResidentLilly

ResidentLilly Active Member

Here are some new photos if anyone is interested. These are from this weekend's Wizard World Texas show. The Naked Rowlf shown here is the one we have had before there have been any changes to the likeness that we have planned. It still uses the Tux Rowlf head but that will change.

Actually the truth is the highlight for me of all those pics is the Megatron Transformers sculpt. Only cause it went through 8 rounds of revisions til we finally got it to where it is now.

http://www.toymania.com/toyshows/wiztex03/index.shtml
  2. bats1972

bats1972 New Member

Thanks for posting that link Ken, great pics. Megatron looks great as well as the Pink Panther figs.Of coarse I also loved seeing all the Muppets but especially the Jim Henson figure. He looks fantastic.
  3. pepefan

pepefan New Member

I haven't really been keeping up. About how much will the Pink Panther figs be and when will they be released?
  4. jtatooine

jtatooine New Member

I sooooooooooooo can't wait for that Robin. And the Smollet as well. They look amazing.
  5. Whatever

Whatever Active Member

I second that! Especially Frog Scout Robin. He's adorable and he's a Scout. Perfect! :) I hope that I can manage to get a Frog master Kermit too but it already sounds like they will be hard to find. :sympathy:
  6. Fozzie

Fozzie New Member

Love the Muppet pics. Especially Rowlf.
  7. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

What little I see is enough to get me excited.

What's Statler doing with that gun?
  8. jtatooine

jtatooine New Member

I didn't even notice that. I don't remember ever hearing about it... Does he come with it?
  9. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

I'm sure it belongs to one of the lobster bandits.
  10. Irving Bizarre

Irving Bizarre New Member

Robin is just a ickle sweetie! awwwwwww, cute.

Love the colours. How could anyone resist the charms of the Muppets figures? Every home should have them. There's definately a bit of SCHWIING! to this line that so many other lines could really do with trying to capture. It's odd that this line is aimed at collectors rather than kids but encompasses so much in the way of imagination stimulation, yet real kids toys seriously impede growth of imagination and instead invoke a sense of laziness and mind numbed torpor.
    Huzzah for Pallisades!!!! Booo hissssss to other - lesser companies. Those other companies may have the big bucks and the power but they aint got the smarts.
  11. alexmongers

alexmongers New Member

Quote from Irving Bizarre:Huzzah for Pallisades!!!! Booo hissssss to other - lesser companies. Those other companies may have the big bucks and the power but they aint got the smarts.

yup, absolutely. well said irving. hats off to the pallisades people. if you see the thread where quinn interviews ken about series 5 its obvious that ken is totally into the muppets and listens to fans in other threads and really makes a big effort. that is fantastic. rock to ken and all the people making my dream happen. i reckon if a big company did it i doubt for one moment we'd have a newsman or lew or even dr teeth. might be wrong dunno, but blinkin eck! we are getting uncle deadly pops and lips! i can't believe it! its amazing and we are lucky to have someone in charge of this line whos a massive fan and loves it. again i say rock to you all (does air guitar angus young pose) cheers alex
  12. alexmongers

alexmongers New Member

oh yeah- forgot to say rowlf looks splendid in his nakedness!!! :sympathy: ;) and the jim figure- have to say i wasn't up for buying that one but i love the outfit hes wearing he looks wicked. and as for robin- dib dib dob dob!
  13. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

Robin is so figgin' cute. I love that little guy. How could anyone see him and not snatch that figure up? He's just one of those figures that make me smile. Pigs in Space set looks incredible too. Is it just me or does it seem to improve everytime there's a new photograph?
  14. BrodieXman34

BrodieXman34 New Member

yeah i cant wait for rowlf either!! And series 6 couldnt be any closer. I want it now!!
  15. WiGgY

WiGgY New Member

Are Rowlf, Kermit, and Robin all in scale? If so, it looks right. I can't wait to see the new Rowlf sculpted.
  16. Luke

Luke Active Member

The transformers busts are looking excellent - I must save up for Soundwave. The detail on Megatron rocks. Muppets looking great as usual obviously.
  17. Crazy Harry

Crazy Harry New Member

It looks like Rowlf is a little bigger here then he will be when released.
  18. turlem

turlem New Member

why is fozzie so bright?
  19. Irving Bizarre

Irving Bizarre New Member

I think that's just a contrast and brightness issue to do with the camera not a product issue.

Is that the larger scale sample of Rowlf in what scale was it - 110%? Or whatever.
    Bigger, to get the detail in and then reduced for production purposes by some magic process.
    I know what I mean.
    It's definately too big to be Rowlf sized because look how small Jim is next to him and Jim seems clifford sized to me judging by other pics I have of the jim proto.

It's all fantastic though. And i finally found out what a victrola is. Ben sitting looking at the backstage accessory listing wondering what the heck one is and just typed it into the address bar and found a gazillion victrola repair shop websites. Well webverts really, nothing there but a pic and a contact address. Getting more and more like the yellow pages the internet is.
    I digress. So now I know that a Victrola is an antique record album player.
    Is it going to be the box like version though - big box on legs with liftable lid - or is it going to be a smaller more portable type with speaker trumpet? I am still a little confuddled by this item.

Typing whilst eating vanilla fudge is most pleasant. Just discovered that. Better than chocolate in fact. It has the same um, 'effect' on me that chocolate apparently has with certain laydeeees. Mmmmmmmm. :)
  20. Zack the Dog

Zack the Dog Active Member

I like the size of Robin! He looks perfect next to Rowlf! But Rowlf's a little bigger then he will be in that sculpt anyways right?