World Series 2005

Ziffel

Reaction score
MuppetsRule said:
It's been two close games so far with lots of drama. I wouldn't bury the 'stros just yet.
Time to get out the shovels. :smile:

Heh heh, I agreed with you that while it looked good for the Sox, the Astros still weren't out of it yet. Now that they are down 3-0 it really looks pretty bleak for them, though. I know Boston came back from a 3-0 deficit against the Yankees last year, but that was about the only time that ever happened before.
A real heartbreaker for the Stros, too, last night. To have a 4-0 lead and then lose the game in 14 innings. But it's also exciting for the Sox to be just one game away from ending the 88 year drought. It would be neat if they could win it in front of the home crowd.

Ziffel

Reaction score
And now they are history.

S W E E P ! ! ! ! Way to go Chisox! Well, last year the Red Sox won for the first time since 1918. This year the White Sox for the first time since 1917. Could it be the Cubs next year for the first time since 1908? Naw, they should wait till 2008 to make it an even hundred!

anythingmuppet

Reaction score
Ah..that would be funny if there was a team called " Multicolor Sox". I'm creating a visual of this right now!!