Worst move the Muppets made this year?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Muppet Central is currently promoting the busts, figures, Macy's tie-in, Christmas special, Muppet Show and Emmet Otter DVDs on our main page. And this is all positioned above the scroll. We have also had several promotional give-aways. All items are listed in the collectibles section as well as the forum. That significant information was left out of your post for some reason. .:confused:

Unfortunately it's just the fan sites that promote Henson product these days. Henson.com is the last to post information and leaves much of it out. You also have to search for it through their news and then press releases section. I wish we'd see more of an active effort. I just don't see why Kermit's many appearances couldn't have included more tie-ins.

Luke

Reaction score
Originally posted by frogboy4
Muppet Central is currently promoting the busts, figures, Macy's tie-in, Christmas special, Muppet Show and Emmet Otter DVDs on our main page. And this is all positioned above the scroll. We have also had several promotional give-aways. All items are listed in the collectibles section as well as the forum. That significant information was left out of your post for some reason. .:confused:
LOL - what size monitor do you have Mr Graphic Designer ? I just have Valentine, Emmet Otter & Xmas Movie above the scroll ? :big_grin:

I know what you mean though, MC does a good job although it could do with really getting its teeth into things rather than just brushing over them with a page and a text link. The problem with the MC main page is and always will be people bookmarking the forum index directly. I noticed the introduction of your graphics has continually doubled the hit rate on the main page daily though so kudos to you for that.

The thing here is that Henson aren't supposed to have the Muppets go out and promote the licenses at their whim - unless a certain number of promotional appearances are negotiated within the contract they are supposed to be paid seperately to go out there and plug products. Obviously they go on the talk show circuit to plug the shows because that is a Henson produced product. Unfortunately the licenses have been going to smaller companies like Palisades and Sideshow who can't afford to gire the Muppets for promotion. When they have wealthy licensee's it works ...... Mastercard held a promotional charity event and McDonalds in the UK had Kermit do a series of adverts to promote the ''Happy Meals'. I agree that it'd be good for the Muppets to get out there promoting the actual products but i think pretty much it's out of Henson's hands.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Making the christmas film with Angels and a Disrespectful, lady God!!!

*Takes a deep breath*

Other than that, making Swamp Years!!!

beaker

Reaction score
Muppet Central is currently promoting the busts, figures, Macy's tie-in, Christmas special, Muppet Show and Emmet Otter DVDs on our main page. And this is all positioned above the scroll. We have also had several promotional give-aways. All items are listed in the collectibles section as well as the forum. That significant information was left out of your post for some reason.
Nope, no mistaking it...there is a huge chunk of merchandise that MC leaves out. That's where TP really shines. I have yet to see nary a mention of all the non company promoted merchandise on the MC index page(ie: non sponsored stuff that isnt the figures or busts) A good bulk of new Muppet merch has been at Hot Topic, yet there is never any mention of this stuff(tshirts, posters, plushes, etc) ...that's what I meant by 'only on the MC forum' and TP index can ya fidn out about ALL the Muppet merch.

mupvisiongirl

Reaction score
I second "swamp years" as the worst move this year, I had such high hopes for it and was beyond disappointed when I saw it.
I also agree that the Muppets need to be promoted better. There was all this really, really cool new merchandise this year that a lot of people didn't even know about.

Luke

Reaction score
Actually Cory is right - where the heck is the Muppet Underwear on 'Muppet Central' ? That was a hard fought for license gained by a very talented lady with her own company built from the ground up - it may be thongs and panties but you can still proudly leave the house with Gonzo on your tushy. There must be some thought and creativity that goes into the design - i say Mr Phillip Chapman - enough of this brief coverage, stop hiding behind those action figures and wear your kermit pants with pride - this lady must have an article or interview !

beaker

Reaction score
In defense of Kermit Swamp Years...ok not the whole film itself...but two things make the dvd a worthwhile purchase

1) The behind the scenes thing with Joe the Armadillo(perhaps my fave JHC thing of the year next to the Mastercard commercials)
and that Pet Store music video which really rocks!

"Warm fuzzy hugs is what you gonna get!"
Gah, that is *so* me ^_^

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I could do with some more merchandise too, but we do have the major releases neatly displayed on the main page - without having to wade and scroll through content.

We obviously aren't going to catch everything that gets released, but we can certainly stand to add to it. That's something we should look into. However, we do explore many of the products on the forum - it's just as much a part of the site as News or Radio. That's why whe have given it a uniform look with the menu. But saying that one, "can't find any info about the merchandise" on Muppet Central's non-forum sections is inaccurate.

Yeah, I'd like to hear more about the panty lady too. :wink:

Luke

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd like to hear more about the panty lady too. :wink:
Yup, we really need to get to the bottom of that situation. :wink: