Worst Muppet Film

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Well gang I hope that I have not angered all of you to stay away for so long. If I have I am truly sorry.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I don't think you did, Doc. It just seems that fans take comments about their favorite things a little too personally. I couldn't stand IAVMMCM (I hate abbreviating it too), but because I feel that way, some people feel they need to defend it, and I understand that too. It's kind of a catch 22, we are all Muppet fans, and yet we have different tastes of that universe within. The Henson universe spans through many different genres, themes, cultures and generations, so even though we're all the core of one big fan base, we are still made up of an extreme variety of personalities. So basically, I am willing to accept that IAVMMCM is a solid fav for fans if those same fans are willing to accept that I think it's terrible.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Vic Romano said:
I don't think you did, Doc. It just seems that fans take comments about their favorite things a little too personally. I couldn't stand IAVMMCM (I hate abbreviating it too), but because I feel that way, some people feel they need to defend it, and I understand that too. It's kind of a catch 22, we are all Muppet fans, and yet we have different tastes of that universe within. The Henson universe spans through many different genres, themes, cultures and generations, so even though we're all the core of one big fan base, we are still made up of an extreme variety of personalities. So basically, I am willing to accept that IAVMMCM is a solid fav for fans if those same fans are willing to accept that I think it's terrible.
That is actually a very powerful statement. I do not expect folks will agree with me, in fact most people do not agree with me. It is important to realize that I am expressing the way things appear to me, and how I feel about them. (Which is what I thought this forum was for).There have always been those aspects of the Henson Company that were geared towards the adults, and perhaps the darker side. But Kermit and his friends have become friends and fun for children, the child in all of us. I use the word "become" because as you all know in the begging Kermit was not really for kids; in fact one of the pilots for the Muppet Show was not for kids at all and very adult. But the Muppet gang grew into that, and kids love them. So when the borders between the 2 get a little blurry, and they overlap here and there I notice it, and it upsets me to think my very good friends and playmates are doing things that responsible adults are not even supposed to do. Like picking you nose, or gawking at girls on the beach, or drinking Absenth (Green Root Beer). It is true we are all fans, and we all love and care about the Muppets and that is the most important part, as Kermit said It makes us a little bit like a family. :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
Yes and every family have their disagreements.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
That is actually a very powerful statement. I do not expect folks will agree with me, in fact most people do not agree with me. It is important to realize that I am expressing the way things appear to me, and how I feel about them. (Which is what I thought this forum was for).There have always been those aspects of the Henson Company that were geared towards the adults, and perhaps the darker side. But Kermit and his friends have become friends and fun for children, the child in all of us. I use the word "become" because as you all know in the begging Kermit was not really for kids; in fact one of the pilots for the Muppet Show was not for kids at all and very adult. But the Muppet gang grew into that, and kids love them. So when the borders between the 2 get a little blurry, and they overlap here and there I notice it, and it upsets me to think my very good friends and playmates are doing things that responsible adults are not even supposed to do. Like picking you nose, or gawking at girls on the beach, or drinking Absenth (Green Root Beer). It is true we are all fans, and we all love and care about the Muppets and that is the most important part, as Kermit said It makes us a little bit like a family. :smile:
christyb said:
Yes and every family have their disagreements.
I couldn't agree more.

Reaction score
Kermits swamp adventures was ok, a little boring, but we only saw i think like 1 of the muppets we already know in it.

Muppets from space i like and stuff but it is my least favourite. The muppet christmas carol is definely my favourite. I bought it on dvd a few weeks ago.

Reaction score
I guess i wasn't expecting to be entertained by kermits swamp years because it was in the little kid section of the rental store, the others are not. i once rented elmo in grouchland and i can not sit though it, its for 4 year olds. :embarrassed:

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
I have typically avoided films like Kermit Swap Years, Fallow that Bird and Elmo in Grouch land for the reason that they are for really little kids. Perhaps one day when I have children I will be buying and renting them for my kids. But until then I can do with out.