Worst Video Game ever

Drtooth

Reaction score
In our long line of Best/Worst threads, I've decided to throw this one in here...

Everybody knows the story of E.T. for Atari 2600... and having played it, I understand the hype. Seems like a lot of bad games came out of Atari 2600, including Custers Revenge (which I can't discuss here for fears of beaing deleted as a member).

But that doesn't mean it holds the only title...

We also had a lot of Stinkers for Nintendo, including Puss N Boots, based off a Japanese Movie called "Puss N Boots, Around the World in 80 Days." Terrible graphics repetitive playing, and levels that range from rediculously easy to annoyingly impossible (the last boss, especially).

Then there's Tom Sawyer... Ol' Mark Twain is rollin' in his grave, isn't he?

anytimepally

Reaction score
I still have (and regularly play) my Atari 2600... the worst game they ever made is called "Summer Games," where you play in the Olympics.. while it's neat that you can still be the U.S.S.R. after all these years if you like, the game just stinks

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I love the 2600!:smile:

But the most poorly designed gave I ever played was Back to the Future II & III. I wish I could explain it to you...:stick_out_tongue:

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
The Mega Man Battle Network series.

I've been playing Mega Man games for almost twenty years. I've beaten every game in the original series and the first seven X games plus Mega Man Legends.

I know Mega Man. I love Mega Man. And Battle Network is NOT Mega Man!

At best it's a Pokemon ripoff using Mega Man character names!

I mean for crying out loud Mega Man's supposed to be a robot people! The really sad part is today's kids think of this garbage when they hear the name Mega Man. I actually overheard some kid at a store look at the Mega Man Anniversary Collection game and say "That's not the real Mega Man" It may not have been any of my business but I couldn't stay quiet I set that little punk straight!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Alright! go git um! I tell ya, kids these days, huh?:rolleyes:

Actually my little cousin was saying how Game Boy Advance was so old, LOL! Cute little guy!:big_grin: He wasn't even born when the original Game Boy came out.

Pork

Reaction score
I still have (and regularly play) my Atari 2600... the worst game they ever made is called "Summer Games," where you play in the Olympics.. while it's neat that you can still be the U.S.S.R. after all these years if you like, the game just stinks

Your right there.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
The Atari 2600 (which to me will always rule!), had a game based on M*A*S*H* that I never understood. I remember bad sound effects and a helicopter.

Drtooth

Reaction score
But the most poorly designed gave I ever played was Back to the Future II & III. I wish I could explain it to you...:stick_out_tongue:
Don't worry, I have played it, and I know what you're talking about. The Back to the Future 2 part almost makes sense.... you have to collect items and bring them back to their right time period... but to aquire them, you have to play stupid puzzles that have NOTHING to do with the movie whatsoever. I've only played the Back to the Future 3 once, and it makes even less sense... Giant Spiders?

BTW, BTTF 1 was also nightmarishly horrible. LJN made some of the Worst video games of all time.

The Mega Man Battle Network series.

I've been playing Mega Man games for almost twenty years. I've beaten every game in the original series and the first seven X games plus Mega Man Legends.

I know Mega Man. I love Mega Man. And Battle Network is NOT Mega Man!

At best it's a Pokemon ripoff using Mega Man character names!
heh! I could say the same for the animated series they had for it too. It had its moments... even though Gutsman's handeler was a complete knockoff of Gian from Doraemon... but hey, American Kids had no clue, am I right? Even the Jeffery Scott 1990's ultra cliched show was much more entertaining. At least Scott McNeil's Dr. Wily voice was worth hearing.

The Atari 2600 (which to me will always rule!), had a game based on M*A*S*H* that I never understood. I remember bad sound effects and a helicopter.
you may also remember this...

www.vgmusic.com/music/console/atari/2600

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I think the worst video game ever (that I have played) is Spyro Enter the Dragonfly. I love the original 3, but after insomniac stopped making the games and Seirra took over, the games have been lacking. In Spyro ETD, basically you have to go and rescue dragonflys. But the game itself is unplayable. The graphics are horrid, there is sound lag (sound comes after it should), overactive sound (same effect keeps playing when it shouldnt), very choppy animation, extremely long load times, and the glitches. There are too many glitches. The game is practically one big glitch. You cant walk one step without some sort of glitch happening. The game would freeze sometimes if you entered a level, or if you fell you would just keep falling endlessly and need to restart the game. Although, there was a cool glitch that let you swim in the air,lol. That was about the only good part of the game.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Man, there are so many bad ones... not sure where to start.

I was never a big fan of the Gex the Gecko series, or whatever it was.