Yay for the Muppetcast

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
If you all notice I seem to be rather absent lately don't worry my friends.

I've discovered the Muppet podcasts that are available for download and I'm spending all my time listening to them.:big_grin:
I've already downloaded all the episodes to date and I'm trying to listen to them all one by one and burn them onto CD. I've heard the first 10 shows through and burned them after listening through. They are absolutely the best thing I've ever come across.

Thank you Steve for all you put into them. I recommend them to any of you who haven't heard of them yet.
Kyle I enjoyed hearing what you sound like in that voice mail you sent to Steve. The music and interviews are a real treasure.:smile:

I'll be checking in for PMes and I will be back to normal forum participation when I eventually catch up with all Steve's podcasts.:excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
Here's an exciting update.
I found I could fit the first 10 shows onto a CD. So I've given the disc to my good friend from Salvation Army tonight on loan. He's promised to do me up a cover for the disc that'll say something like "The Muppetcast Volume 1 episodes 1-10" whenever he gets a chance.
And in the meantime I've begun my second volume with shows 11 and 12 so far. One of my favourites is the tribute to Sam the Eagle in episode 12. :excited: :attitude: :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Glad you've joined the bandwagon Marty. You know, you should contact Steve and let him know about this as I believe he was working on making past episodes available on CD as well.

Fragglemuppet

Reaction score
Marty, I admire your dedication! You see, when the Muppetcast first started, I was an avid listener. I tuned in almost every week, and was sure to always listen to the episodes I missed. As time went on though, I listened less and less, and soon stopped listening. I fell so far behind, that now I don't post in, and barely read, the individual episode threads just out of embarrassment!
:embarrassed: It's not that I'm not a fan; I still greatly admire Steve's work. It's just that when I get the time, which is becomming less common these days, I don't really have the patience to sit still for an hour or two and do absolutely nothing. This is why I think the CDs would help me catch up. I tried PMing Steve to ask him about getting them as well, but got no answer. I'm not sure if he's home now or on his way to Florida, but if you do decide to PM him and get a response, please let me know.
Oh sure, the early episodes are great, but just wait 'til you get to the Richard Hunt tribute and the MC awars! There, you'll get to hear Ed and Ryan, and Ryan and Steve's banter with the muppet presenters. Now there's a real treat! Speaking of which, I thought you had already listened to those when they first came out? Oh well, enjoy!
:smile:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It's not that I'm not a fan; I still greatly admire Steve's work. It's just that when I get the time, which is becomming less common these days
You know, I have this same problem. Just can not fine the time in my day even though I would really love to be about to do so.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Given my setup, i don't have the ability to download/listen to these at home. I can only do so at library (and because many of the episodes are over an hour which is usually the most time i can get on a library computer that limits my ability to hear these more). The way my life is, i have less and less time to go to library, so unless these are available on cd, i really don't get much chance to enjoy them.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've just e-mailed Steve now Ed. I've told him about my CDs I'm making. I've now completed my second volume with episodes 11-18 and begun my third with the 19th show for starters. My friend will hopefully do covers for each disc for me as he can.

And Kate, I have listened to quite a few of them, but technically not in full. I've got headphones connected to my computer so I've listened to them in part while downloading, but now I'm endeavouring to sit down and hear them all straight through my headphones and burn them as I go. I have heard parts of Richard's tribute and the MC awards so I have already heard what some other members voices sound like, including Ed.

I eagerly anticipate catching up on Steve's entire series in due time. :excited:

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I have filled my third cd now and begun my fourth with the 26th show. :excited: :big_grin:

Erine81981

Reaction score
I have everyone of them still downloaded just haven't been able to get them all burned yet. I wished i could get 10 episodes burned on to one disc but i can't. I can only do the first two. If you paid you Marty could i get a copy of all of those put on to disc or what do you use. Are you making it Mp3s or what?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I've been making them in the form of data CDs in mp3 form Kyle.
I figured maybe I'd fit more of them on each disc that way. So far I have Vol.1 1-10, Vol.2 11-18, Vol.3 19-25 and Vol.4 has 26 and 27 so far. As I listen to each subsequent one I'll burn it until the 4th CD can no longer be added to. Would be nice if 10 shows each would go on every disc but no. It all depends upon how many MBs are in an episode and since many of them tend to be very lengthy they use up a lot of the CD space. But still it must be a lot of difference compared to making ordinary audio CDs and while they're incompatible with standard CD players I can listen to them on my DVD player.

What are the discs that you've been making like Kyle? How many fit generally on yours? Probably only about two each like you said I suppose.