Yogi Bear Movie - Teaser Trailer

SSLFan

Reaction score
With all the 'Smurf' talk around here, I thought this film should also be brought into conversation.

Here's the teaser trailer:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TX2jEdwX2c

Aside from the fact that it's in 3D, this actually looks good.

And in case your wondering, Dan Aykrod & Justin Timberlake provide the voices of Yogi Bear & Boo-Boo, respectively.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was disheartened after seeing Justin Timberlake mentioned as the voice of Boo Boo, but it seems he does a fairly good impression. Enough elements are present. Now it all depends on the story. This is Yogi.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Ehh... I don't know.

Love Dan Aykroyd, but his Yogi seems a bit off in parts...

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I agree with frogboy4. When I read Justin Timberlake, I was in "what the?" mode. But, he does a pretty good Boo-Boo impression. Dan's voice isn't really Art Carney-rip-off sounding.

It doesn't look at all like my kind of movie, but I wouldn't mind seeing it. In 2D, thank you. I don't want to pay extra money to just wear glasses and be unimpressed by things "coming at me".

SSLFan

Reaction score
I was disheartened after seeing Justin Timberlake mentioned as the voice of Boo Boo, but it seems he does a fairly good impression. Enough elements are present. Now it all depends on the story. This is Yogi.
I understand where you're coming from. IMO, I felt the part of Ranger Smith was casted wrong though. Thought the actor should've been much older. But, I will give the movie a chance. Lol though I may be alone in this.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
At least they chose a good HB cartoon to make a movie from. It's gonna be a dark day if a "Fangface" movie comes out (shudder).

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm gonna say this honestly... I don't see anything highly objectionable. In fact it looks decent. They look like Yogi and Booboo... they're basically stealing pick-a-nic baskets through cartoony means... they aren't Smurfs dancing to rap music in New York... they aren't real bears like Underdog was a real dog... this pretty much nailed the very thin premise of the cartoons.

Dan and Justin are all right by me. Justin's acting ability is actually BETTER than his musical career, I gotta admit. And he nailed the voice. The only thing that annoys me so far is that Ranger Smith seems woefully miscast, way too young, and too laid back. And the thing that looks pretty negative about the film is that they clearly confused Mr. Ranger with the movie version of Jon Arbuckle, and it looks like most of the plot will focus on him trying to get a PG friendly relationship. Which really doesn't sit well.

But, it looks decent enough... maybe worth a gander in 2-D...

Blue Weirdo

Reaction score
I really thought this was not such a good idea, and I'm still not impressed overall but I must admit Yogi and Boo Boo's voices are perfect almost spot on.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Yogi Bear cartoons don't have all that much too them. I'd be more upset if they managed to get what little they have wrong (and indeed that happens a LOT). This movie seems to actually KNOW the characters and to KNOW what the show is about. Not trying to change everything for the sake of trying to get an audience too young to care while alienating loyal fans who would take their kids with them.

I can't say I'm extremely impressed, but I'm not pulling my hair and demanding names.

At least they chose a good HB cartoon to make a movie from. It's gonna be a dark day if a "Fangface" movie comes out (shudder).
I say, are they still threatening to make Hong Kong Phooey a movie? I'm all for it as long as they make him Anthro...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't want to pay extra money to just wear glasses and be unimpressed by things "coming at me".
DANKE-SHANE!

I thought I was the only one! After you've seen one movie in 3-D, that pretty much is enough for you to see what the "hype" is all about, and honestly, I'm not so sure if the fact that 3-D will soon be the ONLY format for new movies and television shows in the next 20 years is such a good idea.

It seems to me that anymore, advanced technology is becoming a "necessary evil".