You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if...

Beauregard

Reaction score
Lisa (assuming that is your name) Are you refering to the Grover song about cracks in the sidewalk? If so, can you tell me how many Grover said there were?

That Announcer

Reaction score
If...

I'm a big Foxworthy fan so I'll have a little fun with this one:

If you spent $5000 to get from England to shake Terry Angus's hand at the IWK Telethon...

If you can name every character ever puppeteered by Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz and Dave Goelz combined but not the Vice President of the US...

If you've ever stripped naked and dunked yourself in a green paint bath to make a Kermit halloween costume...

If at every family reunion, the only thing anyone says to you is "Hey! Do George the Janitor!"...

That Announcer

Reaction score
Why not throw a few more into the pile:

If you've had your eyes surgically removed and inserted into hollow glass frames to look more like Scooter...

If you've ever communicated with other Muppet fans in Beaker-ish...

If you have a 20GB Ipod and there's nothing on it but ten thousand versions of "Can You Picture That"...

If your wedding substitute for that idiot bridal march was "Rainbow Connection" (This is a true story, happened to a buddy of my aunt)

If your Halloween costume was a Whatnot and somebody recognized which one you were...

If you've ever recorded more than one song in the style of Angus MacGonagall...

TogetherAgain

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Lisa (assuming that is your name) Are you refering to the Grover song about cracks in the sidewalk? If so, can you tell me how many Grover said there were?
precisely what I was refering to, and he said there were 32.
And yes, Lisa is my name. :smile:

That Announcer

Reaction score
This is fun!

I'm having a lot of fun with this. I might have to publish a book sometime soon!

If your science teacher ever said the word "phenomenal" and you led the class in a singalong...

If you recieved every single bit of wisdom you ever learned from Miss Piggy...

If you come from Germany but you moved your family to Minnesota to respect Sam the Eagle...

If you must sit in the balconies in movie theaters and heckle the screen...

If you've ever deliberately re-threaded the film in a theater projector just to say "Der feelm is Okee-Dookkee!"

If you fainted when you first saw Snuffy...

If you've ever made a short film in which you point a camera at your face and do Muppet impressions and then sold it at $10 a copy...

If you ever pulled an Elvis and shot your TV because a newscaster said he didn't like Sesame Street...

If you went into convulsions because "Muppets Tonight!" was pre-empted for OJ Simpson trials...

If you either teach or have suggested a university class entitled "The Electric Mayhem and Kirkengaard"...

If you greeted the president as "Beauregard"...

If you truly believe that you were abducted by those yip-yip aliens...

If you know how to play every Muppet song on squeak horns that you fine-pitched and have named your personal Muppaphones...

If your first words were "Woc-ka woc-ka!"...

If you earn $35 a month after Henson plush toys and Palisades PVCs...

If you traveled 3000 miles to see Jim Henson's coffin emerging for 3 seconds...

If you have a shrine to any Muppeteer in your home... (Bonus points if it's Louise Gold, Karen Prell or any other obscure Muppeteer)

If you went to see "Muppet Vision 3D" at Disney World and fried the robotic penguins leaping out at Waldo C Graphic...

If you were armed with a typewriter at your first viewing of "MCC" and documented every pronunciation difference between Steve's Kermit and Jim's...

Beauregard

Reaction score
TogetherAgain said:
precisely what I was refering to, and he said there were 32.
And yes, Lisa is my name. :smile:
THANK YOU! I've wanted to know the number for a long time, and no on eknew! :wink:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Let's see, it's been a while since we updated these, let me think of some....

You might be an obsessed Muppet fan....

If your dog plays the piano and your cat has an eye patch.

If your pig sings, the chickens dance and the rats deliver your food.
(forgive me if I misquoted that)

If nobody sees your best friend, and they don't believe you when you tell them about him or her.

If you go to a cafe and ask for a birdseed milkshake.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
And a few more. You might be an obsessed Muppet fan if......

You can tell me how to get to Sesame Street?
(Forgive me if I previously mentioned that)

You can very distinctly describe the differences in the voices of...........

Kermit and Ernie
Miss Piggy and Grover
Fozzie and Bert

Harvey Towers

Reaction score
Also Rowlf and Doctor Teeth!

When spelling out something for someone, you can't resist slipping the odd 'cookie monster' between the letters

You watch your "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" DVD in all the different languages in order to see how close foreign voice artists come to getting the muppet voices right.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Harvey Towers said:
You watch your "It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie" DVD in all the different languages in order to see how close foreign voice artists come to getting the muppet voices right.
Darn, I did that! In fact, I've done about half of all the things listed here...