Your Animal Replica Pictures

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Hey Lab Rat, I was looking at your pics and I think I can see a hint of a collar on your Animal's neck in a couple pics. Did you make it yourself or am I just imagining things?
Also, can you explain your "hairdryer" process? I tried for a bit to tame the feathers but I wasn't sure how long to use the dryer. I don't want to melt anything on my Animal.

Edit - What did you do with the top of his eye lids? I was considering using a
Sharpie to color the white rim black but it looks like you did something else to hide the hideous white.
Finally, how did you keep his eyes open for your pics?

You can usae model paint, that works. I used fur I got from my local fabric shop and that also worked. Make sure that you mask off the eyes so you do not get any on them. It would be hard to get off if you made a mistake.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I like the way the "hair" on mine came out, but I'm having trouble with the moustache feathers. The way he was packed, a few of them are sticking straight out. Anybody got any suggestions?

:stick_out_tongue:

P.S. I must have gotten lucky with mine... the pupils seem closer together than in some of the pics I have seen. Something does need to be done about the eyelid shell, though.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I like the way the "hair" on mine came out, but I'm having trouble with the moustache feathers. The way he was packed, a few of them are sticking straight out. Anybody got any suggestions?

P.S. I must have gotten lucky with mine... the pupils seem closer together than in some of the pics I have seen. Something does need to be done about the eyelid shell, though.

I noticed that pupils on mine are not that bad either, I am going to keep mine like they are. What I did for the mustaches was I put a little glue behind them and gently pushed the feathers and fleece together and hold it for a little while. Or you can get some thread and a needle and sew them down.

Is it me or did they use a different type of material for him instead of the Antron Fleece? It does not shine I take a picture of him like Kermit. Just thought this is odd, plus it feels a lot different.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
I noticed that pupils on mine are not that bad either, I am going to keep mine like they are. What I did for the mustaches was I put a little glue behind them and gently pushed the feathers and fleece together and hold it for a little while. Or you can get some thread and a needle and sew them down.
Good idea. I might sew them down since it's like two feathers on one side and about three on the other. That wouldn't take much work.

Thanks, MuppetCaper!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
So glad that you like your Animal WOE. He is definately awesome! :halo:

doc hopper

Reaction score
GOT HIM! thanks to the suggestions above, i'll either be doing some sewing or some gluing this week. Animal's hair is pointing straight up all over. and i'll probably work on his pupils sometime soon.

but the more i look at him, the more i appreciate him. aside from the normal little things we've been discussing here, you really have to take a look at the body. the arms, legs, feet, toes and even the clothes (the pleather pants) are really really well done. he's even got a belly button.

well done.

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
Great idea! I can't seem to tame his feathers at all at the moment. :smirk:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
great pics! I think that every pic I have seen makes him look great! Im loving him and I think he looks spot on now with the tweaks, just need to change his pupils slightly.