Your Animal Replica Pictures

Telly

Reaction score
Oh man! That looks so sweet Antony! I'm going to start to save up so I can get Animal by March!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b101/antonydavanzo/animalmouthclosed.jpg
Sorry couldnt wait...he looks cool! the tongue came out really easy and didnt rip at all or leave a mark and it stays back in the mouth fine!

Your such a brave man to do that. I was thinking on making one from foam then replacing it. But I was scared to rip some of the material. Can you show us a piture of what it looks like without the tongue? If it is possible, I am thinking on making a replica of his tongue and replacing it.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Your such a brave man to do that. I was thinking on making one from foam then replacing it. But I was scared to rip some of the material. Can you show us a piture of what it looks like without the tongue? If it is possible, I am thinking on making a replica of his tongue and replacing it.
I gotta wait for my phone to recharge then ill take some more pics. I would recommend taking it out, very carefully! You shouldnt damage Animal by doing this and it will let you close his mouth, then pop the tongue back in for open mouth poses OR make a flatter tongue....which I may do.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I was thinking earlier... does it bother anyone else that we have to make all these adjustments to make Animal look "right"? The white eye lid rim, the longer hair, the swollen tongue, funky pupil placement, eye lids won't stay open, no chain or collar as implied/mislead in the description... and that's just to name a few. I mean, I paid $400 for this thing and I had to work hard on him just to have him look like Animal. Some of the stuff I can understand. But honestly, We shouldn't have had to color/glue hair to the eye lid rim or take his tongue. I understand some of this is personal preferance for people on this board, but does it scare anyone for future Muppet replicas? I don't want to have to adjust Gonzo's nose or glue Fozzie's eyes in a different spot if he doesn't look right.

I really don't want to come off sounding unappreciative. I do love that someone took on the task of replicating these characters. I especially love Animal. I'm not trying to sound like a jerk who just didn't get what he wants. Honestly, I'm not. I dunno. Maybe I'm over-thinking this. I look at it as I spent a crap-load of money on this and I'm doing more work that I think I/we should. What do you think?...

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah I hear ya The80sDrummer. I'm not too crafty so I'm kinda nervous to mess with Animal when I get him. What if I cut his hair too shirt? :frown:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was wondering...

I know that Master Replicas has been sending their Kermit poser on a world tour having fans snap photos of the frog to be posted on the MR site. The quality of the photos has been hit-or-miss, but it does show a reaching out to fans of the Muppets and their product. :smile:

Seeing all of the stunning photos published here of Animal, both custom-tweaked and factory-fresh, I was wondering what could happen if some of the better pictures were submitted to them? We know the early proto photos of Animal on their site don't sing the praises of how magnificent he turned out! :halo:

Maybe they might swap-out their image or could add a fan photo page. Either way, if they have better photographs they will certainly sell more product and that likely means they'll make more characters in the future. Just an idea, but it just seems such a waste that these stunning photos aren't being seen by a wider audience. :wink:

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Agreed. I think the MR pics are crap.....end of! Its now obvious that you need to have some sort of skill to pose the Muppets, if you leave them to look " out of the box" then they look off. It would be great if they had a fan page that would also help sell him. Kermit on tour id ok but again the pics are rubbish IMO.
Im off to get some drumsticks today!

Reevz1977

Reaction score
That looks MINT, Antony! You could really start a new business, "PIMP MY ANIMAL", it's gotta ring to it! :wink:

On a separte, but linked note, has anyone tried removing Kermits eyes? Mine are a tad too close and its bugged me for some time but I'm a bit anxious it may damage him, has any one pimped their frog?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
I have not pimped the frog yet and I dont think I will as mine is perfect ( THANK GOD)!
I think ANimal has needed a lot of PIMPING, I hope the rest of the gang wont need this much home tweaking. As the 80sdrummer said, its a shame that we have to tweak these products to our liking. MR shopuld be getting them to a point where they dont need it.
Thanks for the great comments on my ANimal.