• Alphabet Soup
  • The Cartoon,B is for....
  • Behind Your Face
  • Capital I
  • Cowboy X
  • Daddy Dear
  • The E Song
  • Five Purple Konkers
  • The letter G,is the first letter in the word,giggle(man laughs)
  • G for gorilla
  • The J Song
  • King Minus
  • Ladybugs' Picnic
  • Loaf of Bread...
  • Lower-case N
  • My Martian Cutie
  • Nancy the Nanny Goat
  • The O Song
  • The Pinball Song
  • Small V
  • Ten Tiny Turtles on the Telephone
  • That's about the Size
  • Three
  • Toucan two-step
  • The Typewriter guy
  • The Villan in the Panama Hat
  • W for Wilhemina
  • Wanda the Witch
  • Willie Wimple
Wow, I remember some of those cartoons! My most favorite in particular was the 2 toucans cartoon; so cute :excited:

Censored

Reaction score
Nicole said:
What were your favorite cartoon segments on Sesame Street?

2. The cartoon about the two little girls eating alphabet soup and each of the letters stood for a certain animal. (Except V stood for violin and X stood for xylophone.) Then after the girls had finished their soup, they went outside to play.

I remember that one. I don't recall the V standing for Violin, but I do remember that they had X stand for Xylophone instead of an animal. I always thought that was kind of strange since they DO have animals whose names begin with X. (And V too).

Xerus

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I remember that one. I don't recall the V standing for Violin, but I do remember that they had X stand for Xylophone instead of an animal. I always thought that was kind of strange since they DO have animals whose names begin with X. (And V too).
Actually in that cartoon, the V was a vulture. And the only letter that wasn't an animal was X for xylophone.

Still, it would've been neat if they did X for xerus. That wonderful ground squirrel needs to get some more attention.

tomdrum

Reaction score
Hi,

Is the short you refer to as "Behind Your Face" the trippy one where a boy (on a bike, I think) gets lost and a weird being helps him get back home? Man, I would LOVE to find a tape or copy of that short, along with whatever earlier episode it would have aired on. I watched many of the Unpaved episodes on Noggin but never saw this animated segment. I would also love to find the one about "a container of milk, a loaf of bread, and a stick of butter".

Any info is appreciated! email: tomdrum@verizon.net

Pug Lover

Reaction score
I can think of a few that I liked.The Yak,where an invisible narrator talks about the cartoon yak being displayed in the segment itself.At the end of the segment ,the narrator says to the yak"You're not an ordinary yak you know.You're a yakkity yakkity yak yak."Insulted the yak ferociously runs right into the screen,and we hear a loud crash and stars go flying.Another was a musical cartoon involving a goat who is teased by a dog,a cat and I forget what the third character was.Each time this goat gets teased,he gets"MAAAAAAAAD".The third one I can think of off hand,was a cartoon painter(Leonardo DaVinci in cartoon form perhaps)with the famous Mona Lisa painting,who says"P Painting".Then Mona Lisa is suddenly brought to life,when she snatches the painter's paints and paint brush,and paints a picture frame around the top half of him.She then snatches his torso and walks out of her own picture.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
there was a cartoon i remember seeing a few times in the early 80s. it was a rather unusual one. a real life man comes on talking about a bird called a zet. he steps back and this cartoon begin with an annoucer saying something like this is a zet. he's the fastest bird you ever met. faster than a jet. last part he says no one has ever caught 1 yet. every word had the sound et in it. this cartton looked like it was a old one and probably goes back to either the 1st 2nd or 3rd season. i figure that in part because the animation reminded me of some of The Electric Company ones. can't think of any specific EC ones.

El Mayhem

Reaction score
A favorite of mine was the cartoon where a little girl had to go to the store and buy a loaf of bread, a container of milk and a stick of butter.

I also remember a cartoon with two construction workers eating lunch. Everytime one of the workers opens his lunchbox, a little man inside it sings the alphabet, the little guy was also playing a piano in there.

superfan

Reaction score
tomdrum said:
Hi,

Is the short you refer to as "Behind Your Face" the trippy one where a boy (on a bike, I think) gets lost and a weird being helps him get back home?

Hi!
Wow! That was the first one I thought of, too! Pure seventies magic, that was, eh? The man turns into a clock, a fountain, a building(?) and something else, I believe, right? Lemme know of any success you have in finding that particular sketch!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
remember the crow and the fox and the piece of cheese that the fox tried to get by saying to the crow you can't sing and the crow thinks of course i can as does but looses the cheese to the fox. this story is apparently an old one written long before SS because i was watching between the lions and they were telling the story and for those who've seen Leona doesn't like the ending and she makes up a version where the crow drops the cheese and i think hits the fox or something. i think SS's version is better.