Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

mikebennidict

Reaction score
the 2 boys see these large round marks in the park and imagine all these things that might of causeed it. an elephant, spacships, a dinosaur, and a huge basket ball player. well it turns out to be this girl wearing these large round things attached to her shoes. of course they heard her comming not knowing what it was and got scared and ran away.

maxdrive

Reaction score
my favorites have been the

aligator king

the pinball song (1,2,,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12 :big_grin: )

i remeber ther epp where they made a play about the aligator king and big bird got upset because he wanted to be the aligator kind and wasnt picked for it

SesameMike

Reaction score
There was one animation where a little girl is holding a balloon, and a pin. She wonders what would happen if she popped the balloon. We saw a potential sequence of events, one at a time, then again with another consequence added. (I forget exactly what, though I think they involved a younger sibling. I know her mom sternly yelled "Sally!") It all culminated in her being sent to bed without any supper, "Then I'll miss the chocolate pie my mother's making for dessert" <insert a drawing of a pie, then watching it fade into thin air to spooky tingling sounds>. In the end, she decides not to pop the balloon.

Another "cause and effect" cartoon with that same girl ended up with her cat getting put outside, because he knocked over the parrot cage. "Please, weeo, crackers, weeo". Again she decided against doing the action, which I think was spilling something out of a bag.

Here's an animation I thought was a bit depressing. Some kids are playing baseball, and the ball escapes under some apathetic tough guy's foot. A small boy approaches him:

BOY: Can I have the ball?
BIG GUY: Nope!
BOY: It's OUR BALL!
BIG GUY: (whistles the equivalent of "tough toodles")

The boy has a thought balloon. First he pictures snapping a stick behind the tough guy, but it has no effect there. Then he imagines giving the guy an ice cream cone; the dude eats the whole thing in one gulp and doesn't even break stride over the ball. Finally, the thought balloon closed, the boy brings an attack dog. With the command "speak" and a couple of barks, the guy finally relinquishes the ball. The boy takes it back to the ball game, a home run is promptly hit, and they are back to square one with the ball once again under that guy's foot.

HarveyK

Reaction score
Love the mad goat episode, especially when all the animals sing in chorus at the end "He gets mad, he gets mad, he gets mad...."

I loved/hated one I can barely remember where there are two not-so-bright kids in an apartment. Don't remember the premise, but I remember the quote, "How can I be so dumb, plants need water, man." Annoying voices, but I always liked that one.

I also loved another one that I barely remember. I think a boy was inside a gumball machine, or a boy took too much gum or something. Help me out here!

superfan

Reaction score
And what about the simple line drawing animation of the fat guy with the balding head...he strolls across the screen, but backs up when he sees a word with the letters all put out of order. He reaches up and scrambles them and says the re'written' words he made, sounding each letter out at a time. When he finally makes the correct word, he shouts it out several times excitedly.

Maaad Goat

Reaction score
The Maaad Goat!

I am looking really hard to find an mp3 or, more exciting, an actual clip of the Maad Goat: It ain't bad to get mad. :cool:

Maaad Goat

Reaction score
GeeBee said:
I remember a very old Sesame Street cartoon about "AGUA". It involved a pitcher of water that was alive and, at the end, he turns into a huge bowl or something. The dialogue was in Spanish. So far, I haven't been able to find anyone else who shares this memory.
I do! I remember the agua one! It was great. I went to an elementary school with many hispanic children, so I loved the spanish things. Remember Obierto, Cerrado. (I don't know if I spelled them correctly.)

Maaad Goat

Reaction score
SesameMike said:
There was one animation where a little girl is holding a balloon, and a pin. She wonders what would happen if she popped the balloon. We saw a potential sequence of events, one at a time, then again with another consequence added. (I forget exactly what, though I think they involved a younger sibling. I know her mom sternly yelled "Sally!") It all culminated in her being sent to bed without any supper, "Then I'll miss the chocolate pie my mother's making for dessert" <insert a drawing of a pie, then watching it fade into thin air to spooky tingling sounds>. In the end, she decides not to pop the balloon.

Another "cause and effect" cartoon with that same girl ended up with her cat getting put outside, because he knocked over the parrot cage. "Please, weeo, crackers, weeo". Again she decided against doing the action, which I think was spilling something out of a bag.

Here's an animation I thought was a bit depressing. Some kids are playing baseball, and the ball escapes under some apathetic tough guy's foot. A small boy approaches him:

BOY: Can I have the ball?
BIG GUY: Nope!
BOY: It's OUR BALL!
BIG GUY: (whistles the equivalent of "tough toodles")

The boy has a thought balloon. First he pictures snapping a stick behind the tough guy, but it has no effect there. Then he imagines giving the guy an ice cream cone; the dude eats the whole thing in one gulp and doesn't even break stride over the ball. Finally, the thought balloon closed, the boy brings an attack dog. With the command "speak" and a couple of barks, the guy finally relinquishes the ball. The boy takes it back to the ball game, a home run is promptly hit, and they are back to square one with the ball once again under that guy's foot.
You must be from my generation!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
don't think i mentioned this 1.

a bird and cat in the jungle the cat spots the bird and chases it. the bird flies behind a lion who of course roars at the cat and the cat runs away. the lion apparently relizes it saved the bird, looks back at it and smiles.

bisforbubble

Reaction score
Fav. Cartoons

my fav. cartoon was the one where the kid got lost, and this really funky dude tells him to retrace his steps, and he will be able to get home :smile: