1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Your Favorite Cartoons on Sesame Street

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by Nicole, Jul 13, 2004.

1. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Ah yeah I do recall both of those now that you mention them. I remember the sound of the dog growling! (began while the dog was still offscreen). The name Christopher Clumsy isn't coming back to me, however now that I think about it his voice and the artwork were indeed different than Julius. Thanks for pointing that out.
  2. lowercasegods

lowercasegods Member

My favorite Sesame Street cartoon was Teeny Little Superguy, the little cartoon fella who was on the side of the plastic cup, and his whole world revolved around other kitchen items with characters on them. So much fun, and such innovative animation!
  3. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

also there was another hole segment where he says hus name and says you think i'm going to fall right into that hole. wronhg i'm just going to jump right over jumps and falls into anpther 1 says nobody told me there were 2 holes!
  4. ssetta

ssetta Active Member

He didn't give the core to Julius, he threw it into a waste basket.
  5. GeeBee

GeeBee New Member

That was Christopher Clumsy.
  6. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

That's right. I remember it being tossed. Would have been rather nasty to hand someone a core after you ate all around it! And kudos to Jasper for not littering.
  7. SesameMike

SesameMike Member

Another Julius/Jasper?

Was this a Julius and Jasper animation?

They were discussing what would happen if you lacked certain body parts, like if I had no nose I couldn't smell.

When one asked what would happen if he had no ears, the other answered he wouldn't be able to see. The first guy wants to know where he got THAT idea from. The second guy explained that without his ears, his eyes would be blocked since his ears hold his hat up! A generated thought balloon showed his ears vanishing and his hat falling over his face.
  8. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I remember that one. No, that wasn't a Julius and Jasper one. Different voices and artwork. I think they were unnamed. After the one guy said, "My hat would fall over my eyes" the other guy said, "Oh for Pete's sake!" and walks away. The other guy then adds, "Couldn't hear either for that matter."
    A couple of other unnamed cartoon sketches I remember had one guy mentioning a lot of names that begin with the letter j. Then he lists a ton of words ( like jump, jerk, jab) that begin with j. He was a short guy with a tall hat. The other guy gets tired of him going on and on with the j words and pulls the hat down over him saying, "Keep it under your hat." He walks away and the little guy lifts his hat back up. He took it good for he says, "There goes a wonderful person."
    The other one I was thinking of had a man explaining that the word "hello" is the proper word to use when answering the telephone. Then the phone rings and he says, "Hello?" The caller says, "Hello, is Harold there?" He says, "There's no one here by that name" and hangs up. He continues saying how hello is the polite way to answer the phone. Then it rings again. He says, Hello?" and a different caller asks if Harold is there. He again says there is no one here by that name and continues his lecture. Then the phone rings a third time. He is now angry and says, "Hello!" The caller says, "Hello, this is Harold. Did I have any calls?"
  9. Larcen Tyler

Larcen Tyler New Member

There were several I liked. One was like a guessing game where it would show a black screen while a sound was played, then it showed what it was. First we heard an alarm clock ringing then it showed the clock ringing. Next, you heard the sound of a baby crying, and then it showed that. After that (I think) was a phone ringing, and then a boy sneezing.

Then there was the Typewriter Guy. I always loved the letter q skit.

And who could forget Sparky's Alligator Song?
  10. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

11. bazooka_beak

bazooka_beak Active Member

The Pinball Song

The 'animated' cartoons with the cups that move around the kitchen counter.

I can't remember all of them. I don't remember by names, but images. If I could only see them...
  12. cookiemark

cookiemark New Member

clouds

i barely remember this but- I remember one cartoon with a couple of kids narrating a view of a country sky with clouds going by and they are saying ' i like looking at clouds, theres a duck, theres a chicken and the clouds would take shape as they went by- very light acoustic guitar playng.
  13. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

14. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

I thought of this one cartoon that I saw quite a few times in the early 70's but forgot quite a bit of the details of. What I remember is someone counting to 20 (I think it was a man) and as he is saying, "13,14,15,16" I think a bird either starts flying in the air (or hatches from an egg and starts flying) and/or is carrying a number 20. The guy continues with 17,18 and 19. Then he pauses as he notices what I think is that bird. Then with a big smile showing lots of teeth he says 20. And then some music closes the sketch.
    Does something like this ring a bell with anyone? I probably didn't recall enough details for this cartoon sketch to be identified, but if so then it'd be great to have some additional things from this refreshed in my memory.
  15. That Announcer

That Announcer New Member

"Ladybug's Picnic." 'Nuff said.
  16. Jannah

Jannah New Member

Wow, memories :o A lot of these skits mentioned I can't remember, but I probably would if I saw them again. I didn't remember typewriter guy until I downloaded a clip of him and thought "Oh yeah!!!" Now I can't get "Noo nee noo nee noo nee noo" out of my head.

Some that I remember liking:

The cat trying to get the can of food

One about some socks (six of them I think) going down the stairs and they went in the washing machine or something. Barely remember it but I was always so excited when it came on :)

The typewriter guy!

The pinball song

One where they counted one to ten and there was ten racing cars, a wizard and ten guys in trenchcoats.

The ladybug's picnic

A claymation about some green balls trying to get over a hill.

Capital I song

Teeny Little Super Guy

Sparky's Alligator song

The factory with numbers

Theres probably a lot more that I can't recall right now..
  17. That Announcer

Did you know that "Boundin'", the short film shown in front of "The Incredibles" in theaters, was directed by the same guy that did "Ladybug's Picnic"?
  18. Ziffel

Ziffel New Member

Also thought of another cartoon one with a guy counting from 1 to 20 (SS sure used 20 as a frequent counting total, eh?). But like the last post I made here (see # 75 ) I also am fuzzy with most of the details in this one. I believe in this one the guy counting was unseen. And it was a rather slow count. Some peculiar but easy going music was between each number. About 5 or more seconds elapsed between numbers. I don't even recall the cartoon visuals we saw as the numbers were being counted, but I believe it may also have involved a bird or birds. At the end, the guy says, "Twenty!" in a pretty sound voice.
    Just like post #75, this probably isn't enough details to indicate to other classic SS fans the specific cartoons I am thinking of. But just happened to think of these two recently so I thought I'd describe what I recalled and see if it triggers any memories in anyone else here. :)
  19. mikebennidict

mikebennidict New Member

20. That Announcer

My father swears that SS had three Jump the Shark points (and these are not in order):

1) Everyone can see Snuffy
    2) Elmo
    3) When they went to 40 on the counting bits